DVLA have no record of my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA have no record of my car

Om Monday I rang the DVLA as my tax expires on 31st july and I hadnt had a renewal notice.

DVLA lady: whats your reg
    Me: it N*** ***
    lots of banging of keyboard
    DVLA lady: can you repeat that please
    Me: Its November, *** * * Charlie
    DVLA lady; where are u getting that from
    Me; My memory- I drive the car every day, have owned it for a year and I know my own reg.
    DVLA Lady; Can you stand where you can see the car and read it out to me:
    Me: I could but I will still give you the same details
    DVLA Lady; Could you do it please
    Me; reading number - same as above and same as its been since I registered the car.
    DVLA Lady; We have no record of that car- could the garage have made up the incorrect reg plate
    Me: Only if you have put the incorrect details on the vehicle cert.
    DVLA lady;We have no record of that number. We will have to contact the office where you registered the car.
    Me; So how would all this have looked if I was stopped in the early hours of the morning by the police or if I had a smash and my insurance co found out that the car does not exist on the DVLA database.
    DVLA lady: not to worry we will try sort it out!!!

So 2 days later and after 3 missed promissed from them to call me back I am still non the wiser. I keep chasing them and they are uselless-as I said to them if they were a private commercial organisation no one would do business with them. Oh and i did ask them to refund last years tax if they have no record of my car but they dont seem too keen to do that!

Originally posted by fergus
    Om Monday I rang the DVLA as my tax expires on 31st july and I hadnt had a renewal notice.

Me; My memory- I drive the car every day, have owned it for a year and I know my own reg.
    Me; reading number - same as above and same as its been since I registered the car.
    DVLA Lady; We have no record of that car- could the garage have made up the incorrect reg plate
    DVLA lady;We have no record of that number. We will have to contact the office where you registered the car.
    Me; So how would all this have looked if I was stopped in the early hours of the morning by the police or if I had a smash and my insurance co found out that the car does not exist on the DVLA database.

So 2 days later and after 3 missed promissed from them to call me back I am still non the wiser. I keep chasing them and they are uselless-as I said to them if they were a private commercial organisation no one would do business with them. Oh and i did ask them to refund last years tax if they have no record of my car but they dont seem too keen to do that!

Sell it to some bank robbers........ Perfect vehicle for a ram raid or a high street heist as cannot be traced.

Go on, do a blag in it and then buy a new one with the proceeds

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Hey Fergus do ya write Comedy Scripts ?
      If it wasn't so Funny you'd think they were Joking !!!!!!!
      I know it no joke M8, Best O Luck wiv it tho .......keep us posted !!!!!!

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Best way to test it is to drive fast past one of them speedy camera thingies and see if you get a fine through the door. I bet they'll find you for that!
        Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

did you get yer v5 back from them when it was registered?

Stu
          http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

I had a similar thing only it was my driving licence..had to retake a test, thank god I passed - note to all, record your driver number and photo copy your licence, you would not believe the hasstle I had
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Just out of curiosity, go here and put your vehicle details in, and see if it shows up!
              http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/Evl...ehicle+Enquiry

Click the vehicle enquiry tab.

Pete

Comment

mine never shows up on that
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog

I taxed mine the other day on line using that so it does work for me
                  I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                    just chekced mine... worked luvly....

Stu
                    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

You could flog it to a Londoner. If the DVLA have no details, Ken's got no chance of tracking them for the congestion charge.

Stealth comes in many forms

Comment

Working...
                      X