Apache, I crashed a cessna today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache, I crashed a cessna today

Hi M8, hope you are making the most of the flying weather.

God knows what happened, flying nice and scale and suddeny a full rudder full elevator spiral dive straight in from 400 feet.

Had to be radio interferance from the big AXI and or ESC.

Check it out, it was a cracking aircraft before the impact, its a total loss. Even the 14.8 lipo is smashed

Did this about an hour ago this afternoon. That'l teach me to sneak a quick fly in when I am supposed to be working
    Attached Files
    I used to have a surf me!

Oooh bu**er! Looks like a total write off too.

Have grounded the Sprinter after some flat out torque rolls and rather violent aeros the other night (showing off y'see!) has torn the wing mount nuts out of the fibreglass and causes a stress crack from the elevator servo mount to propagate and tear the tail fin about half way across from its root!

I'm gonna need a BIG pot of 'glass!

Other than that, have been getting lots of air time recently, which means my flying wing build has stalled at one panel and a part built vestigal fuselage... Still, winter will be on us too soon, and I'll get building in earnest. I have some three views of a Jindvik drone (used to work with them) and plan on building a scale one during the winter.
    Attached Files
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I hope you informed the Air Accident Investigation Branch?

Comment

We just got the CVR...

cap "Fancy a cuppa?"
        FO "Mmmm... when I've finished my bun..."
        cm "Terrain! Pull up! Terrain! Pull up!"
        FO "Go around power!"
        FO "Power! Power!"
        cap "Pull up!"
        FO "AiiiiiiEeeeeeee!!!!!"
        cm "Overspeed! Terrain! Pull up!"

Sound of CVR reboot to end of tape.

Comment

did the pilot manage to bail out......
          the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Originally posted by deegz
            did the pilot manage to bail out......

Oh Heck

I must have forgotton to put him in........ Probably why it went down so soon after take off

B umm er!

Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Oooh bu**er! Looks like a total write off too.

Have grounded the Sprinter after some flat out torque rolls and rather violent aeros the other night (showing off y'see!) has torn the wing mount nuts out of the fibreglass and causes a stress crack from the elevator servo mount to propagate and tear the tail fin about half way across from its root!

I'm gonna need a BIG pot of 'glass!

Other than that, have been getting lots of air time recently, which means my flying wing build has stalled at one panel and a part built vestigal fuselage... Still, winter will be on us too soon, and I'll get building in earnest. I have some three views of a Jindvik drone (used to work with them) and plan on building a scale one during the winter.
              Sounds like a nice project, look forward to seeing that. Wot 4 for me for a while as all my other gear is packed up ready for house move. Just left the Cessna and a wot 4 out ready for action so now down to the one.

Reichard artf's are not known for splitting are they? worth a call to the importer. Is it puffin? cant remember without digging out a mag.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                Sounds like a nice project, look forward to seeing that. Wot 4 for me for a while as all my other gear is packed up ready for house move. Just left the Cessna and a wot 4 out ready for action so now down to the one.

Reichard artf's are not known for splitting are they? worth a call to the importer. Is it puffin? cant remember without digging out a mag.
                Well the fus is fairly lightweight (as one would expect carrying a large nicad pack). I'm not sure they are designed for the kind on abuse I've been lashing out lately. I've been imitating an Edge 540

We reckon one more spirited run with the 'big battery' would have seen the fin/tailplane parting company at 140mph, with the associated carnage

It is Puffin. I'm already on my second fus due to attempted high speed flight 1ft below ground level. Might be more cost effective to replace it - again - though! The wing is bombproof though!

Comment

Thought you meant a real one for a minute..

The real ones are a lot harder to crash - specially the 172 that will fly for hours with your hands of the controls.

Radio control ones are a bit more iffy, tend to fly like bricks when the controls get interfered with.

Shame about it though, looks like a nice one too.

Comment

Working...
                  X