Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenpeace at it again....

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/gasguzz...TOKEN=33282897

....better not tell them about the seal fur trim.

Wot a bunch of wanchors. Like any cross section of a normal firms employees is going to react like that. Not even the MD of a firm I worked for, who told everyone there was to be no pay rise for the second year running and turned up in a brand new Lambo, got treated like that.

I used to admire Greenpeace when they were tackling real issues and being blown up by the French Secret Service.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Note the wonderful juxtaposition of the vague "many 4x4s" with the seemingly precise "300% more pollution" - amazing what you can do with selectively quoted figures...
      "Holy Oilwells, Batman, a Surf uses more fuel than a Smartcar - we must tell Gotham City to ban Surfs immediately"

"Correct, Boy Wonder, but how the f#ck are you going to tow my Batcaravan behind a Smartcar?"

Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

If they ever actually bothered looking at figures, all their arguments
        would go down in flames. Like the fact that the new hybrids actually
        create more 'pollution' than most vehicles from start to end of life due
        to manufacturing processes required to make them, and the amount
        of work that'll be required to dispose of them. They just have a quite
        period inbetween.

Comment

Pah!!!!!!!

I'll start worrying about the environment when the Yanks, China and India get their act(s) together (if ever) until then its a bit of a pointless exercise. As for Greenpeace they've kind of gone off the rails a bit in recent years......................... .
          Don't call me love, its not my name!!

Comment

The concern in the vid is about some guy with a 4x4 and polution. Only point i can make about the clip is that some forest probably got knocked down to build the office block and hey look...a whole car park for only one car!!!! Speak about destroying our natural resources..wasted space they are not complaining about!! Why are they not protesting about that then!
            Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Hmmm and what does their ship say about them...the Rainbow Warrior II uses over 3000 ltrs of diesel a day, bet you wont find them promoting that!!!!
              http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

Are they using lead free paint when painting their DMs purple (cos they're wacky, innit?)

How much damage are they doing to my retina with their home knitted 'fun' stripey jumpers?

How much pollution are they causing with their chic unwashed hair?

Damn hippies!!!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

4x4 to the rescue

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/5211634.stm

The TV story was more direct appealing for 4x4 owners to turn up.

I found the greenpiece stuff to be childish & slightly menacing destroying any arguments they were trying to make...are they cultivating a more militant side...4x4 are an easy target,, perhaps spawned by jealously... I am trying to find an american article that actually listed the major causes of pollution and the average house was way worse than than any vehicle...
                  Last edited by Vultch; 25 July 2006, 11:31.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Damn hippies!!!
                    think you might find my quote for that web job just went up M8

If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

pi$$ing in the wind.....

pi$$ing in the wind my friends..... Its the same where I work - in waste management at the council. We are trying to reduce waste, up recycling and composting. even if we manage to get every UK householder to recycle 100% of household waste, thats a MAXIMUM of 20% of the UK generated waste stream.

I almost cant be ar$ed - same old same old.

Even if we in the UK went 100% fossil-free and relied on sunshine (panels on on EVERY south / west facing roof in the UK would give more energy than we currently use, but thats another rant ) for our power, the impact on a global scale would be minimal. Yes, USA, China and India are very big players who pretty much outweigh every one else.

However.... we can all do our bit, and feel GOOD (man!)

As a hippy (see Apache posts) I love my Surf - you gonna have ta prise the keys from my cold dead fingers.....

wow, like cool, dudes. far out. yeaaaah
                      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster

As a hippy (see Apache posts) I love my Surf - you gonna have ta prise the keys from my cold dead fingers.....

wow, like cool, dudes. far out. yeaaaah
                        I didn't notice hand painted DMs or a 'fun' wooly pully though!

Comment

Isn't one of the Governments policies to stamp out bullying in the workplace. I see here a good example of promoting it, shouldn't the government do something about these kind of messages that Greenpeace are suggesting people do??
                          Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

I think their 'adverts' just make 99% of the population think they're childish morons, so there's no real need for the government to do anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X