Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELLLLLLPPPPPP Please

Hello everybody!
    had lots of help fom this forum without saying much, by doing a service, changing coolant, replacing relays for the rear window etc. But now have another problem!
    Took the car to the garage to get the inner CV boots replaced (did not fancy doing that myself!) and as i pulled up she decided to drop all her water on the floor! (Dont think she likes the garage!).
    It looks like it came from the top of the rad, is this usual? The gauge was steady in the middle with no probs. I take it i need a new one?
    Where can i get a new rad the same day at a reasonable price, as i am going away weds camping and need her!
    Any help would be great! or my 3 year old will not be able to play on the 2p machines at the seaside!

Thanks

Rob

hmmm for next day im not sure - roughtrax and milners will stock them amongst a few other places
    you might be able to arrange a same day courier for the part?

failing that there are a couple of jap parts places around london if you can get to them...
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

When you say top of the rad, do you mean the rad has a split in it?
      If you can see the split, and they normally go along the top edge facing the front, you can drain the water out using the tap at the bottom, get a stiff wire brush or drill attatchment and remove the black paint from around the split.
      Next get some steel wool, solder, flux and a blow lamp and solder the split using the same method as you would when soldering copper tube.
      I repaired mine this way nearly two years ago and it's still o.k.

Comment

or try what vince said.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

thanks for the reply's, will have a ring round today

Comment

Working...
          X