Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Surf, 1st Post, 1st Question...

Hi all,

Just bought myself a 1997 Surf SSR-X. Love it to bits, why didn't I buy one sooner!!!!

Got a question though. There's a switch on the back of the tail gait that's depressed when the wheel arm is closed, and pop's out when open. Checked with a multimeter and has a current going through it, however doesn't seem to do anything. Is it mean't to beep when the wheel arm is left open?? or should the 'door open' light illuminate in the dash??? When the tailgate is opened the 'door open' light illuminates in the dash, but there's nothing when the wheel arm is opened.

Can someone please tell me what it should do? I can then trace the wiring and find out why it's not doing what it should. I've attached a picture of this confusing switch.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Raj

Hello mate welcome to the club. The switch you are talking about lets you know on the dash if the rear wheel carrier is not closed, its the same as the door open lamp. Put some pics of your truck on so we can all see it. There is loads of info on hear so have a good look around, and have fun
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

the normal 'door open' light comes on to tell if the spare wheel holder is not 'locked' into place correctly, so that may well be the swithc button you are referring to.

Comment

Excellent, thank you, i'll chase the wiring and see what's happening. Where's the best place to load pics of my truck too??

Raj
        Raj

Comment

Originally posted by patelr
          Excellent, thank you, i'll chase the wiring and see what's happening. Where's the best place to load pics of my truck too??

Raj
          preferabably to the computer so we can all see them......lol
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I walked into that one!!!!!

I've placed them in the User Gallery http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/coppermin....php?cat=10136
            Raj

Comment

Ooooooooooh!

Nice motor. Nice grille too, looks loads less girly than a normal 3rd gen

Comment

I walked into that one!!!!!

I've placed them in the User Gallery http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/coppermin....php?cat=10136
                Nice looking truck there.You just need to get some mud on it

Comment

It was you ! who passed the end of my road on Saturday . I mentioned your truck to Jotto as I noticed it was black with Lexus style lights .
                  Stop for a chat if you remember which roads you went down on Saturday .You can not miss my muddy old Runner .
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                    Ooooooooooh!

Nice motor. Nice grille too, looks loads less girly than a normal 3rd gen
                    there you go again sancho, blah blah blah blah blah.........
                    the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Vagrant No2,

Are you parked on the corner? 3 door, 1st Gen, 10 meter suspension lift, and full of mud every weekend??
                      Raj

Comment

thats him mate!
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Vagrant No2,

Are you parked on the corner? 3 door, 1st Gen, 10 meter suspension lift, and full of mud every weekend??
                          How did you guess . Stop by if a grey Golf is there I will be somewhere in/under Runner or in house/workshop .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                            How did you guess . Stop by if a grey Golf is there I will be somewhere in/under Runner or in house/workshop .
                            is your house the workshop aswell then Rick

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                              is your house the workshop aswell then Rick
                              Was before I had the garage put up . Built a few bits (heads and things) in the lounge and dining room and the front bedroom made a good carpentry shop .

Comment

Working...
                              X