Gearbox Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Problem

Ok People help needed again in the long running saga . Gear lever will not come out of park position on my 2.4 auto box . Engine starts fine but still will not come out of park tried pushing the little red button but still nothing hapens .

Is it an electrical or mechanical fault ? does the button on top of the gear lever work a switch or a linkage ? Im troubleshooting it over the phone as the truck is in N. Ireland so any assistance would be much appreciated .

Cheers

Maurice

Foot on brake ??? my other auto won't shift out of park if don't have foot on brake..

or use red switch while ignition off...

or hit it with a hammer
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by MOTRAV
      Ok People help needed again in the long running saga . Gear lever will not come out of park position on my 2.4 auto box . Engine starts fine but still will not come out of park tried pushing the little red button but still nothing hapens .

Is it an electrical or mechanical fault ? does the button on top of the gear lever work a switch or a linkage ? Im troubleshooting it over the phone as the truck is in N. Ireland so any assistance would be much appreciated .

Cheers

Maurice
      I presume you are holding the button in while trying to move the lever. I know mine sometimes sticks and this works. Also you may want to try it with the engine off and start it in neutral if it works.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Check your brake light bulbs.

Comment

Thanks vince

Thanks mate but why please ?

maurice

Comment

It's a sort of safety circuit, if one or both of the brake lights have blown, the circuit is broken preventing the gearlever from moving out of 'P'
            This can normally be overcome by pressing the red button, but my red button mechanism had come apart inside the centre consol and was doing nothing.
            This maybe the case with yours.

Comment

Working...
            X