elephant insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elephant insurance

looking around for a better quote i found elephant.co.uk . and whoopee they had the toyota surf listed and all the models ssrx ssrg etc etc £380 full comp . blimy i thought good price . next day bloke from said elephant calls my mobile asking if i want the quote yes i said and started to give me him details i mentioned import and he said an import yes i said . oh not sure about that he said . better get my boss . so he puts him on the phone . and guess wot they didnt even know that the surf is an import . i said its listed on your site mate . he said il call you back but guess wot he never did . so if anyone has insurance with them check it out cos ya might not be covered . or are you as they list it on there web site .
    black n tan
    black n tan
    yes i am a dobermann man

I can believe it, w@nkers!! just goes to show they dont know what they're talking about, Tesco's at least had it down as an import!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

try supermarket.com
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I have to defend them.. I rang elephant straight after I bought my Surf and after giving the vehicle reg the guy on the phone had it as a Surf.. he had to double check the engine size and that was it ..I was insured on the phone I have just checked my cover note... she is described as..

Hilux Surf 4runner

Back in the day Baby

Comment

mines with elephant and it's covered as an import... they gave me a list of criteria
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sounds like a way those scroats would weasel out of it...

"Oh, its not a HiLux Surf 4Runner... its a HiLux Surf... you not covered...."

Or

"I am afraid its worth less than we originally quoted, as its an Import"

(heard that one last time)

More than happy to take the payments off us for 5 years... but then say its uneconmical to repair ... 'cos they can't read the tables... To55ers.
            Wrote said motor off, and we get less for hte whole car, than the block was worth... Then we get a letter from a bloke in Dublin, saying you were the previous owners, is the mileage genuine... double to55ers

trust them as far as I could throw them with a broken arm.

Apologies for the rant, but it still hurts...

Comment

AndyLaa were you insured with elephant.. if so I'm worried...

Well I gave them all the correct info, so surely its up to them to know what their doing.. Money has changed hands and I have a cover note listing my vehicle...
              Last edited by Vultch; 23 July 2006, 20:19.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                I can believe it, w@nkers!! just goes to show they dont know what they're talking about, Tesco's at least had it down as an import!

Same here.
                I still believe that an insurance certificate is just a document to enable you to get a tax disc, other than that it's a waste of a tree!

Comment

be carefull

just saying be carefull and check it . the surf is not a 4 runner as we all know . if you do have an accident it could cause problems . im going to call them back tomorrow to see what they say
                  black n tan
                  black n tan
                  yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

I'll double check it tomorrow... I had it as part of the Hi lux family.. i gave the reg and they told me it was a Hilux Surf so I assumed all was ok.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

i know i"m covered, i"m insured with russianmafia.com.... you bump into me they just bump you off
                      the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Reminds me of the story about MI5 and the KGB at the height of the cold war, MI5 were following a KGB car around london when the russian car swerved and pulled up quickly, the MI5 driver could not stop in time and drove into the back of the KGB car.

Both drivers got out and exchanged false names and addresses....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                        X