Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which shocks

hi ,i need somenewshocks for my ln130 2.4td
    dont wont to spend lots of money on orignal parts, so i am going to get them of roughtrax . which are better the gas filled , or the oil filled . not the ones with the soliniod on top just plain shocks.if doing the back as one is leaking, is it a good idea to change front as well.

Originally posted by safysurfer
    hi ,i need somenewshocks for my ln130 2.4td
    dont wont to spend lots of money on orignal parts, so i am going to get them of roughtrax . which are better the gas filled , or the oil filled . not the ones with the soliniod on top just plain shocks.if doing the back as one is leaking, is it a good idea to change front as well.
    i had the es3000 shocks and if i remember they were the £35 ones.Give Barry a ring if your not too sure and he will reccomend the best ones for you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

may be a good idea to change the front aswell, as they're the same age shokks... but generally shocks can be changed one at a time...

i'd definately recomment changing them in pairs at least, else you'll get very strange handling!.... esp if going for uprated / diferent makers
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Most on here tend to use the Procomp ES3000 or 9000's. 3000's give
        you a slightly smoother damping, closest to the original shocks,
        whereas the 9000's give a bit of a stiffer ride. TonyN also sells the
        Procomps.

Comment

boots

do i get the boots with them , as read on here they hold moisture and rust.

Comment

You have to order the boots seperately. I didn't bother with boots.

Comment

vince, looking at doing the same as you with rear springs, did you get 3000 or 9000 with the cruiser springs?
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                vince, looking at doing the same as you with rear springs, did you get 3000 or 9000 with the cruiser springs?

3000s.

Comment

I fitted ES9000 all round but i should have put ES3000 on the front as it was a bit too hard.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

I fitted 9000's on the front, 3000's at the rear. I figured with a lot of the weight being at the front it would balance out. Now handle great with no dipping at the front when breaking hard as it used to...

Cheers,

Shab.
                    Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Big girls blouses...................

9000's all round and take it like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        Big girls blouses...................

9000's all round and take it like a man.

No thanks, not with Landcruiser springs. The ride would be solid, go round a corner too fast and it would fall over!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          No thanks, not with Landcruiser springs. The ride would be solid, go round a corner too fast and it would fall over!
                          vince, did you get the 3000s at 3" longer than standard with fitting the l/c springs?? or were they stock length??
                          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I've got standard ES3000s They allow up to 4" of lift anyway, if that helps.

Comment

yeah it does m8 cheers! was thinking of doing the l/c mod was unsure about the shock size...
                              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
                              X