Not quite flushed with success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite flushed with success

Been out got radflush,new anti freez and have new thermostat and rad cap. checked out instructions to flush out cooling system, overalls on, beer in fridge. Step one remove bash plate to expose bottom of rad, done. step two disconnect bottom hose.Well I would if I could see it, big aircon intercooler in the way. Plan b). drain system using tap at bottom of rad. Cant get my $$$$$$ hand in to it to open it up . Put bash plate back on go for beer. Can anyone tell me the secret of draining the cooling system All in all it's been one of those days. Exhaust system totaly paggered, so off to local exahust manufacturer to get a nice shiny stainless steel one. Look of horror on face of fitter when he tried to figure out how to get at the studs under the turbo. Sucks air in through teeth " could be a long job mate" At the end of the day it could have been worse managed to make and fit a new system in about 3 1/2 hrs. Had to hide the bill from the wife though

So if anyone can help me in my moment of need; Spoggle

undo mounting bolts for air-con rad, ease over till you can get your hand onto drain tap, be careful, it will work....

carl.....
    gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Unless you have large hands, you should be able to sneak your
      hand in through one of the gaps towards the rear of the A/C rad.
      Tight, but manageable. If not, you'll have to do as mentioned
      above and loosen off the A/C rad.

Comment

Cheers guys,will give it a try
        Spoggle

Comment

Working...
        X