I think this might be a scam!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this might be a scam!!!!

I got this email today about my surf, its such a poor attempt at a scam!!

Hello,

I am very sorry for sending you this Email at this time of the day but I am just back from the Night Vigil Prayer in my Church,because we will be having our 60th years Anniversary coming soon and I will like to purchase this your Car you have for sale for my Pastor.I am Mr Famours Faith, 45yrs old man from Dublin UK (Ireland).I am a good christian Man who has God's fearing and honesty as my motto in life.

So I will like you to get back to me with the full Age,Conditions,Pictures with the last asking Price you wish to sell the Car.

A Certified Uk Cheque will be sent to you as for the payment.Cheque will clear's your account before I will make any arrangement for the collection of the Papers and Key's by my reputable Shipping Company who will sent somebody down to your location for the Pick-up.

Await to read from you.You can call my hotline for further arrangement +447024079387 it always open from early in the morning.So thanks and God Bless you as I'll await to read or call from you in the morning.

Best Regards,

Mr Famours Faith.

Give him a call and tell him your interested
    Stella Artois

Comment

What i bet will happen is that the certified cheque will be for 3 or 4 times the amount you would have asked for the car. Excuse being, the cheque was from someone who owed them money. They will ask you to clear the cheque and give the person collecting the vehicle, the difference.
      Unfortunately, although it will look as cheque has cleared, about 2 months later they will take the money out of your account, as they will have discovered that the cheque or even draft is stolen.
      Never assume that a cheque or draft from abroad has been cleared. Not atleast for two months. If genuine, they can transfer the money to your account.
      Remember Eire is not UK
      Philip
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

Yeah i get a lot of these emails whenever i sell a car but this is by far the funniest one ive had:
        "I am a good christian Man who has God's fearing and honesty as my motto in life."
        How stupid do they think people are!!

Comment

He didn't sound Irish when he answered the phone!

Comment

wind up returned

OK so how many of us have free cross network minutes or text bundles, hows about flooding his mobile (cos thats what the number is) with offers of motors or whatever, witholding your number lets turn the tables on this ***** (very christian person)
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              He didn't sound Irish when he answered the phone!
              Nigerian???
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

You are all horrible people.........
                This poor god fearing man is just trying to do a good deed by buying his pastor some transport, obviously to go around giving succour to the poor and needy.

You have to wonder if anybody is that thick to actually get caught by these things..........

I reckon he uses the same spell checker as me

Comment

begorah. top o" the morning to ya, yup this is me, famours o" faith, and i take objection to being called nidgeyerian, i is a pooper irishman begorah, top o" the morning, havin" da craic, do anybody wanna be buying me licky irish heather now......
                  the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Its a very unusal way to buy a car... 100% scam if ever I heard one... so ring your local cop shop and let them have a look, they would like a merchant like that.. Ahem.. thats a uk mobile number +44

Tell you what pass his number on to these marketing guys (telesales) who evening ring mobiles trying to sell financial services..double glazing..
                    Last edited by Vultch; 21 July 2006, 15:58.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

surely the shipping company would be the stena ferry?

Holyhead to Dublin or fishguard to rosslare??
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

cant get through to him
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Dublin (UK)???????????
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                          X