aircon regas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aircon regas

Going to Take the surf in to have the aircon regased at quickfit near me as they have a special offer on at the moment at £44.50p to regas if it does'nt work theres no charge so can't lose.
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Halfrauds are offering to regas your system for less than the cost of two of the DIY cannisters, (I think they want £60 but in addition they offer to clean your system purging old gas... they claim 'old gas can cause premature aging of any new gas introduced' I'm not an air con expert so I don't know if this is truth or $$$$$$$$ but maybe worth a look anyhow...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

went to get mine done a few months ago and was told that the gas that was in there is now illegal and the replacement is not worth bothering with. the only other way is to have seals replaced but that could cost anywhere between £600 and a grand.
      Working at last.......

Comment

If it were mine..I'd risk using the Halfords DIY kit .. the longer you leave it the greater the chance the bearing will dry up and sieze when you try to run it...Difficult to believe a new air con gas would corrode a seal...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH
          went to get mine done a few months ago and was told that the gas that was in there is now illegal and the replacement is not worth bothering with. the only other way is to have seals replaced but that could cost anywhere between £600 and a grand.
          absolute bull mate there trying 2 have u over vacume check oil in sys and regassed using altenative legal new gas approx 50-70 £ depending . p.s. if seal are blown yes they will charge as if rad or comp gone will charge. but vac check will tell. most aircon gas leaks are because of lack of use 8 of 10 cars only require regas. i am speaking from vast experience.
          I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
          (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

I'm ok with mine cos its R134a in mine which is the legal stuff and theres still a little bit of preasure in the system so should be ok
            If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
              I'm ok with mine cos its R134a in mine which is the legal stuff and theres still a little bit of preasure in the system so should be ok
              if ya still gto a bit of use should only be regass as any major probs usaly emptys sys(good luck)
              I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
              (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

134a ,must be ok then? I can get a drain and recharge from the garage i used to work at for £50, but they only have 134a?
                What comes around goes around!!

Comment

I have one of the old systems that uses the R12 gas which is now illegal. Toyota said a retrofit kit to use the new gas would cost about $700CND but recomended I try one of the DIY cans. So for $15 I got a can and rented the hose for no charge and saved myself $685! My A/C might not work 100%, but it works better than not working at all! And hey if it stops working again right away then I know I have a leak to look after but if it gets me through the rest of the summer then I have no problem spending $15 a year to have working A/C!!!
                  And it really is quite simple to recharge it yourself!

Comment

easy to locate leaks on the connectors - get some soapy water and slap it on the nuts at: high and low valves, condenser intake and outlet, the nut on the sight glass and over any other connectors /hoses you can see. If you have a leak, you will get bubbly soap suds!
                    then you can replace with O rings of the correct material - and clean the corrossion off first too. course, this only works if you have a pressurised system.
                    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                    X