=========

OK just to confuse the issue, what about the Fedima Trial ADE

http://www.transglobaltyres.com/fedima1.html

£61+VAT per corner
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

The Recip Trail 4x4 are the same tread pattern as the mickey thompson baja claws that i have ,The road noise is bareable , and they perform well off road ...my only complaint is that when i am pushing off road and get a little too adventurous they can dig in very quickly and leave me bottomed out
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

and we know how well they dig in dont we ian. why have you not put the video on yet ?
        Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH
          and we know how well they dig in dont we ian. why have you not put the video on yet ?
          Cos i have lost the lead to my phone and then i will need to find a host ......Any way there is pics in the salisbury camp out thread
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
            I'm torn between these two tyres.

Recip Trail 4x4..............or........... ...Greenway Macho

http://www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk/xcart...tegory_4x4.php

It's gotta be m/t but I wanna try something different to the colways

Which one would you go for???

Bronco 'grizzly claws'?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/265-75R16-Bron...QQcmdZViewItem
            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 20 July 2006, 22:38.

Comment

I would love a set of grizzly claws. but alas can't justify spending that kind of money at the moment
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

bump

any other opinions??? even if it's based purely on looks.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

I've been looking at the Greenway Machos, haven't bought them yet though. I'm sure I was talking to one forum member at one of the meets who was also looking at getting them, but can't for the life of me remember who it was. However 33" tyres with an pretty aggressive pattern for under £70 a corner seems good to me.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

I would love a set of grizzly claws. but alas can't justify spending that kind of money at the moment
                    no good for road though!... like driving on 4 50p pieces!!...

i couldn't fault my colway c-trax... still got them in the garage but they were a bit sliced up to use on the road!... which would be a $hit if you'd shelled out for a more expensive set!!

best bet would be going for some cheap off road tyres on steels and then some good quality road tyres for regular use.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      best bet would be going for some cheap off road tyres on steels and then some good quality road tyres for regular use.
                      Yeah that's kinda my plan, they will have to be used on road for a couple of months. Then come the end of the summer, i'll want some decent road tyres before the roads start getting wet as my @rse seems very twitchy on wet tarmac anyway + ill be doing less offroad.

I don't mind paying about £300-£350 quid for a full set of wheels+tyres, but i'm not gonna pay silly money for the likes of BFG/general/Mickey thompsons.

I want something with a more aggresive tread pattern than the colway's.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

I want something with a more aggresive tread pattern than the colway's.
                        they're all much of a muchness... the colway ctrax is the same as the BFGs

the stuff like grizzly claws really are awful on the road!... they'll shake yer fillings out!
                        but not as bad as a 36" swamper full of water!!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Done some more research into these, they are all rated the same as far as the speed rating, the load index is slightly higher on the greenways though. but then again i only want to use em on the road for a couple of months. and I rarely reach the 99MPH they're rated to. In fact so rare it hasn't happened yet in the surf, i didn't think it could get there. saying that, I got to 72 on Thursday and realised it was screamin it's nut's off, didn't worry too much coz i was playin with the ECT to see how much difference it actually made. Started to worry when the rev counter went into the red and it still hadn't changed. Then i looked down and realised i must've knocked it into second at the roadworks 2 miles back. 72 MPH in second is that a new record???

Ok back to the subject, it looks like it's gonna come down purely to price, although my personal favorites are the Fedimas and i might pay slightly more for them, but not a lot.

Unless anyone can change my mind by Monday.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Before you buy any give Stuart a ring at www.gearedtogo.co.uk he will do you a good deal and help in your decsion.But on a more personal note I prefer colway MT's,there cheap(ish) and are just the job for play days,my every day tyres are Khumo AT's (powerguard/venture) Their good offroad too and make you think before you dive into that extra deep mud puddle,but 99% of the time they will see you through.
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                            X