Pride of the car park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pride of the car park

Since I bought my surf its been the pride of my car park at work... only other big mota is a range rover....
    Until today :-(
    Parked 2 down from me is a spanking new L200 pickup with all the crome roll bars and stuff....
    Doesn't look like its tyres have seen mud of any sort ever....
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

sorry
    end of rant!
    2 Tone Mud Master!

Comment

keep smiling mate it wont wear off
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by carbonman
        Since I bought my surf its been the pride of my car park at work... only other big mota is a range rover....
        Until today :-(
        Parked 2 down from me is a spanking new L200 pickup with all the crome roll bars and stuff....
        Doesn't look like its tyres have seen mud of any sort ever....
        Yeah but your's is still a real Truck, not some overstyled tarts palace on wheels.

Shouldn't think that any of the real trick looking L200s ever go off road. They all tend to be bought as replacements for company cars so as to take advantage of the tax breaks.

Plus the Surf is still more exclusive than the L200 plus the motoring press love the L200 which seems a good enough reason to not buy one.

Cheers

Comment

last time i was at the pit there were 2 L200's storming around!... all signwritten, from some haulage company!

bet their boss loved them!

wjen i first got mine, my boss had a new shogun...
          surf looked better! (new shogun's a bit of a soft-roader!)
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

The car behind is an L200.
            Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

cheers guys
              thats cheered me up no end
              a good bit of old fasioned put the other person down
              its gotta be said the surf it the top dog still
              i'll challenge him to a pull off... heh
              2 Tone Mud Master!

Comment

I drove an L200. Thing has an awful turning circle. zero rear leg room, bouncy ride and doesnt want to cruise over 65mph.

Thats my objective opinion as I drove one months before getting a surf.
                '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

I am glad that you are all giving the L200 a slating because come this September, I have to hand in my company car and was seriously thinking of getting a 2nd hand L200.
                  I don't think I will now, especially as our own family car is as you know a 96 Surf and we are both really chuffed with it so far.
                  I am already leaning towards being a 2 Surf family come September.

Cheers

Gary
                  1996 SSR-G 3.0TD
                  1995 SSR-X 3.0TD Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Garymt
                    I am glad that you are all giving the L200 a slating because come this September, I have to hand in my company car and was seriously thinking of getting a 2nd hand L200.
                    I don't think I will now, especially as our own family car is as you know a 96 Surf and we are both really chuffed with it so far.
                    I am already leaning towards being a 2 Surf family come September.

Cheers

Gary
                    If you want a tax efficient company car go for a Hilux double cab. I am pretty sure the latest one has suffient load capacity to class as a commercial wven with a Truckman top on the back (needs to be over 1000kg with the top fitted so about 1070 without no top on).

That way you are getting all the good things about a double cab plus you are getting a Surf without the estate body. Even better get an import and then you will get all the toys. Think they even do a double cab as an SSR-G.

I saw a 1996 import Double cab SSR-X the other day on the M25, had the arches and all the toys and looked the Dogs Bs

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X