Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for Newbie

Hi All
    Just wanted a bit of advice as we are new to this. We are interested in buying a hilux and have seen a really nice one 96 3ltr ssrx, family owned garage looks really nice. The car has only been in the country 10 weeks so no uk owners apart from the garage. I have contacted the DVLA and the car has been registered etc.
    We are due to pick it up on saturday - however are there any other checks I should do and apart from the v5 cert, warrently etc is there any other docs that we should receive with regards to this car being an import. Sorry if I have asked a stupid question, but I never brought an import before
    Thanks
    Jo

If it has been registered with DVLA, you just want the V5 and MOT
    as you would with any other vehicle. Might be worthwhile trying to
    get a service into the bargain, or at least a timing belt and oils
    replacement. Other than that, enjoy.

However, being the paranoid person that I am, , the list I would
    work from would be ...., bugger, I'll resist for once.

BTW, welcome to the nut house and get ready for the jaw ache
    from the permanent grin.

Comment

Originally posted by smudger
      Hi All
      Just wanted a bit of advice as we are new to this. We are interested in buying a hilux and have seen a really nice one 96 3ltr ssrx, family owned garage looks really nice. The car has only been in the country 10 weeks so no uk owners apart from the garage. I have contacted the DVLA and the car has been registered etc.
      We are due to pick it up on saturday - however are there any other checks I should do and apart from the v5 cert, warrently etc is there any other docs that we should receive with regards to this car being an import. Sorry if I have asked a stupid question, but I never brought an import before
      Thanks
      Jo
      i"ll let the sexperts give you all the proper advice, all i"m gonna say is surfing is the most fun you can have without wearing a condom... ....welcome to forum
      the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

change all of coolants ,full service.and really dark tinted windows
        (so you dont blind people with your smile )
        by the way welcome
        oh yeah and post pics of your new truck
        Last edited by joker??; 19 July 2006, 16:10.
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

New Truck

Thanks for all your advice, I did manage to get the car serviced and he is going to change the cam belt too, I will post a pic when we get it and I figure out how to do it. Hopefully everything will go well just a bit paranoid as the freelander let us down so much I dont want to make the same mistake with this car, but from what I have been reading about them dont think we will.
          Thanks again this site has been very useful
          Jo

Comment

Originally posted by smudger
            Thanks for all your advice, I did manage to get the car serviced and he is going to change the cam belt too, I will post a pic when we get it and I figure out how to do it. Hopefully everything will go well just a bit paranoid as the freelander let us down so much I dont want to make the same mistake with this car, but from what I have been reading about them dont think we will.
            Thanks again this site has been very useful
            Jo
            thats what its here for, to help, to make you smile, and to make you that little bit insane.......
            the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Working...
            X