Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Toy For Me

GETTING ONE OF THESE,

WE MOVE HOUSE IN AUGUST AND THIS IS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS ON THE SHOPPING LIST.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THE PRICE OF THESE THINGS? THEY ARE FOR NOTHING THESE DAYS.

350 QUID.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-DIRTSTYLE...QQcmdZViewItem
    I used to have a surf me!

Unbelievable price , hope you have some great fun
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Very nice. I quite fancy one of these myself.....
      http://neworleans.craigslist.org/mcy/168557731.html

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
        GETTING ONE OF THESE,

WE MOVE HOUSE IN AUGUST AND THIS IS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS ON THE SHOPPING LIST.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THE PRICE OF THESE THINGS? THEY ARE FOR NOTHING THESE DAYS.

350 QUID.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-DIRTSTYLE...QQcmdZViewItem

They're fine when they're working, but when they break, especially something on the engine, you may as well chuck it and buy another one.
        A mate of ours is a motorcycle mechanic of 25 years, and living in the south Wales valleys, he gets a lot of these coming in for repairs that people have bought cheap off of backs of lorries and Ebay. The bikes are in his worshop for weeks waiting for parts for them, even something simple like a bearing or return spring.
        Just so you know.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          They're fine when they're working, but when they break, especially something on the engine, you may as well chuck it and buy another one.
          A mate of ours is a motorcycle mechanic of 25 years, and living in the south Wales valleys, he gets a lot of these coming in for repairs that people have bought cheap off of backs of lorries and Ebay. The bikes are in his worshop for weeks waiting for parts for them, even something simple like a bearing or return spring.
          Just so you know.

Thanx for that Vince. Its valued info. The engines are identicle to look at to the old honda c90 stepthru. in fact the engines on these are licensed by honda. As for springs and so on, yeah..could be an issue there.

Will tread carefully.

Al.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
            Thanx for that Vince. Its valued info. The engines are identicle to look at to the old honda c90 stepthru. in fact the engines on these are licensed by honda. As for springs and so on, yeah..could be an issue there.

Will tread carefully.

Al.

No worries Al. Yeah the engine internals maybe the same, but it's the casings and gear clusters that maybe different so that they can get the engines into such a small frame.
            Talking of frames, you wanna see the welding on them, I've seen neater pidgeon sh*t! None of the welds are ground down and smoothed off, just painted over, spits an' all!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              No worries Al. Yeah the engine internals maybe the same, but it's the casings and gear clusters that maybe different so that they can get the engines into such a small frame.
              Talking of frames, you wanna see the welding on them, I've seen neater pidgeon sh*t! None of the welds are ground down and smoothed off, just painted over, spits an' all!

I had heard this also but had a look a mates new one over in York today and it was a cracker. The welding was very good all over even the tig welding on the ally parts was spot on. The chinks are getting better all the time.

AL

Comment

most of what you'll see around these days are very cheap chienese imports. they are also only 39 - 49cc. the one that's linked to here is a larger engine, will go much faster and they are probably built a bit better too.

i have one of the cheap ones and it's the best fun in the world! parts are cheap from ebay and they are extremely easy to service yourself. it sits in the back of the truck most of the time, ready and waiting for its next outing... a few mates have them too so much fun to be had!
                I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

most of what you'll see around these days are very cheap chinese imports. they are also only 39 - 49cc. the one that's linked to here is a larger engine, will go much faster and they are probably built a bit better too. it also has gears, the cheaper ones are auto-clutches.

i have one of the cheap ones and it's the best fun in the world! parts are cheap from ebay and they are extremely easy to service yourself. it sits in the back of the truck most of the time, ready and waiting for its next outing... a few mates have them too so much fun to be had!
                  I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Working...
                  X