cruise control on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by si tate View Post
    Cheeres for that mate, think i might invest in one seeing as most of my driving is motorway.

Does it only do it on steep hills or is it any type hill?
    on most hills it'll happilly just open the throttle a little bit, on the steeper ones you'll find it'll drop out of lockup.

Normally I can get up most of windy hill before it starts to rev hard.

Somebody was asking how the actuator was fitted to the surf, this is how I did it on my surf, I ended getting an adjuster from a motorbike clutch cable I think
    Attached Files
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Hi Steve,

You may remember that you gave me some great advice last year when i fitted my cruise control. I have fitted a Toyota full map sat nav and i picked up the speed signal from the same white/blue wire that went into the speed converter but i think this speed signal is incorrect for the unit. Would you know if on of the wires from the speed converter would be a MPH pulsed wire going into the speedo head as i was thinking this may be the signal i need.

Can you help?

Regards

Gus[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Steve,

You may remember that you gave me some great advice last year when i fitted my cruise control. I have fitted a Toyota full map sat nav and i picked up the speed signal from the same white/blue wire that went into the speed converter but i think this speed signal is incorrect for the unit. Would you know if on of the wires from the speed converter would be a MPH pulsed wire going into the speedo head as i was thinking this may be the signal i need.

Can you help?

Regards

Gus

Comment

Hi the blue white wire is the pulsed speed signal wire sat navs are usually not that fussy on signals however there maybe some options in the sat nav set up to account for different signal types have you looked? alternatively try the signal from either side of the speed chip the out put from it will be roughly 1 third slower then the input side.
          ionic SURFactant

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info. I will let you know the results.

Regards

Gus

Comment

Working...
            X