X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing / hitch mirror

Anyone got one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

They any good? and how easily/neatly do they attach?

Any other suggestions/recommendations for a mirror / camera to make reversing up to a trailer hitch easier?

I use the cunning hidden Toyota reversing mirror on my 2nd - try looking carefully at the reflections on the passenger window BEHIND the rear seats.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

It says .. 'Made from Chromed ABS plastic, very durable'

For £19.00 ... I don't think I would, after a few months the chrome bit will wear off leaving a pleasing plastic colour..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
        It says .. 'Made from Chromed ABS plastic, very durable'

For £19.00 ... I don't think I would, after a few months the chrome bit will wear off leaving a pleasing plastic colour..
        S'alright - can always paint it - as long as the mirror's good and it don't fall off I'm happy.

Am more worried about putting dents in my bumper with the trailor hitch - or spending ages inching back when hitching up. Trailer is too heavy to pull it the last bit to the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          I use the cunning hidden Toyota reversing mirror on my 2nd - try looking carefully at the reflections on the passenger window BEHIND the rear seats.

Trev
          how might that work then,
          I take it were discussing the tow bar/hitch meeting here

Comment

Just try reversing up to a car (use a spotter for safety) and keep an eye on that window - you will see what I mean.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

How about this set up.
              I got abit carried away, adding extras, but even so the final bill came to less than 150 (ebay shopping).
              Attached Files
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Thanks Maverick - that looks the buisness. Maybe a bit too pricey for me as not hitching up trailers every day but looks like the best solution I've seen so far.

Does the display screen fold away so you can get to aircon controls?

Comment

Yep it sure does.
                  Attached Files
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Nice!

That installs in a standard stereo size compartment, right?

Comment

Yes.
                      I've placed the monitor in the upper slot, and my radio in the lower slot. The extras were a TV tuner, adaptor so the sound runs through the stereo, inputs so a playstation can be pluged in.
                      I'm currently trying to resist buying a digital reciever for the car. I've held off this long!!

As I said I got a little carryied away, as this unit was only to replace my second set of reversing sensors (they don't like Salisbury water).
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                      X