Insurance - Proof Of NCB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance - Proof Of NCB

Just a quick one. The company that likes to quote you happy, then spend the next 6 weeks writing to you with excuses to increase your premium to a level higher than the company you left, wants proof of my entitlement to no claims bonus. I have photocopied the renewal form sent by my old insurer and highlighted the 6 years NCB bit. Do you reckon this will be good enough or will I get the forms back again next week?

I have already had forms sent back because I answered the, "Does the vehicle have any modifications? Yes/No" by scoring out the Yes. They want me to write No and put No on the details bit.

Another question about insurance is, why do they have an online quote form, where you fill in all the details and then phone up to ask you all the same questions again. They then send you forms where you have to fill all the same details in yet again.

I think I am going to buy a pushbike and stick to public transport..................... Sorry Sir, you can't take your bike on the train between 07:00 and 09:00 hours.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Just a quick one. The company that likes to quote you happy, then spend the next 6 weeks writing to you with excuses to increase your premium to a level higher than the company you left, wants proof of my entitlement to no claims bonus. I have photocopied the renewal form sent by my old insurer and highlighted the 6 years NCB bit. Do you reckon this will be good enough or will I get the forms back again next week?

I have already had forms sent back because I answered the, "Does the vehicle have any modifications? Yes/No" by scoring out the Yes. They want me to write No and put No on the details bit.

Another question about insurance is, why do they have an online quote form, where you fill in all the details and then phone up to ask you all the same questions again. They then send you forms where you have to fill all the same details in yet again.

I think I am going to buy a pushbike and stick to public transport..................... Sorry Sir, you can't take your bike on the train between 07:00 and 09:00 hours.
    and you think you can trust public transport Phil?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

A photocopy will not be any good, they will ask for the original.

Comment

no copys

They will not have a copy, I went with TESCO cheep and cherfull.
        Stop it that tickles

Comment

tescos

go with tescos , no trouble at all.

Comment

I thought I would check out the renewal quote from Adrian Flux by getting a quote from Lifesure. After telling the guy all about me right down to my inside leg measurement we got to the "are there any modifications?". There was a gulp when I said yes and had to very patiently explain what a winch bumper was and try to draw a picture of a snorkel. The final straw was when I said I wanted cover for green laning (standard with Flux) and he said "is that racing?"

When I explaind he went away for a while, returning with "we don't cover green laning". At that point I lost the will to live and decided to stay with Flux.
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

norwich union didnt ask to see my no claims , they said i'd need to prove them in the event of a claim.i also did my quote online and saved 25%
              Last edited by internetsurfer; 15 July 2006, 16:23.

Comment

Originally posted by safysurfer
                go with tescos , no trouble at all.
                nah... Tesco did the same!.... quote one price, then up the price and won't refund what they owe!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                  When I explaind he went away for a while, returning with "we don't cover green laning". At that point I lost the will to live and decided to stay with Flux.
                  Green laning is using the vehicle on an unsurfaced public right of way. They can not refuse a claim incurred on a public right of way.

Comment

I have sent off the originals. So what happens if they get lost in the post.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Most Insurance co's have access to each others claims etc , so proof of NCD is not usually needed anymore , because they can check you out by a search on your name and address etc .
                      I once said I had full NCD , as I did, but got asked about a claim I had made when someone hit my car in the back , they had done a search whilst I was on the phone .
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                      X