Another stupid newbie question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another stupid newbie question!

Had the surf about a month now, its running well on 50% diesel & 50% SVO! Had a slight earth problem but soon sorted it out.
    And now for the dumb question! Where's the seat catch to drop the back seats? I can push the seats forwards after lifting the catch on the seat backs, but I can't seem to move the seat "pans" at all (the bit ur arse sits on)????..........Reminds me of the first diesel I ever drove. I turned the igniton off after my first "outing" and it kept running! No-one had told me about the underseat decompressor button! And now I have a surf and can't find the seat catch...............arghhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh!

if your bored or have a spare minute check out http://www.ultrasound9.com
    Don't call me love, its not my name!!

I had the same problem. There is a webbing loop (probably under the seat, like mine) that you'll find if you dig around under the seat pan. Pull this and the seat comes up. You might have to do like I had to and unbolt the seat bases to lift them out and retrieve said straps.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      I had the same problem. There is a webbing loop (probably under the seat, like mine) that you'll find if you dig around under the seat pan. Pull this and the seat comes up. You might have to do like I had to and unbolt the seat bases to lift them out and retrieve said straps.

Yep you are correct.

Grope around down between the gap where the two parts of the seat meet. Try nearer to where the gap is between the two bottom parts. When you find them leave them sticking out when you do find them, it's easier for next time.

Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

cheers!

Thanks for the info...........I don't feel such a wally now......next time i visit B&Q I won't have to leave the tailgate down!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by widey
          Thanks for the info...........I don't feel such a wally now......next time i visit B&Q I won't have to leave the tailgate down!!!!!!
          One thing to watch out for is if the previous owner had children.
          You would not believe what your liable to find whilst broddling
          around for those loops. Wear gloves.

Comment

gloop !

Will do matt...........although it was valeted before i got it and i have to say the did a really good job........but just in case i'll use a pair of the NHS's finest just to be sure!!!!!!!!!!! happy surfing!

Comment

Working...
            X