Thats all I need!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats all I need!

The missus rammed a curb today (in the Polo, NOT the Surf - curb? What curb?!) and has bent the drivers side wishbone and god knows what else! The wheel has moved back about 2" and now has about 10 degrees toe in and about 10 degrees positive camber.

I've straightened the wishbone (just out of interest - It'll be replaced) but there must be other stuff bent too...

And I was hoping to do a lift on mine this month. Seems the money is gonna be going elsewhere.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

There goes the hotel bill too!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      There goes the hotel bill too!
      too late vince he's paid for it already
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Dont go there...

By the way Vince, are the Landcruiser springs equal length? If so, how does this affect the sit of the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Dont go there...

By the way Vince, are the Landcruiser springs equal length? If so, how does this affect the sit of the truck?
          If they are designed like the Milner's Surf springs, yes. I believe it's only
          the Roughtrax ones that are different lengths, due to them being longer
          but weaker, to compensate for fuel tank weight.

Comment

Dont go there...

Yep, they're the same length both sides but 'cos they're so stiff there's no difference in height even with me (15 stone) and a full tank.

Comment

Are they painfully stiff? How does the ride compare to the standard suspension on 'hard' setting? I do some pretty long trips and dont fancy arriving with numb buttocks!

Do you know if the standard torsion bars can be wound up enough to match the 3" lift from the 'cruiser springs? If not, who sells bigger bars? Do I need to swap the shocks too, or are the standard ones OK?

Lotsa questions, sorry!

Comment

They were very firm when first fitted, but they've 'broken in' now so are about as firm as the standard hard setting.
                The standard shocks were at full stretch so I fitted pro-comp ES3000 shocks, ES9000 would have been too stiff.
                Oh, and you'll need a panhard rod drop bracket if you haven't got an adjustable one fitted. Also the brake pipe distribution 'Tee' piece thats bolted to the axel will need to be raised (I made a spacer from a piece of copper tube) or get a longer flexy brake hose.
                It's possible to wind the torsion bars up about an inch and a half. If you want more front lift, ball joint spacers should be on your shopping list.
                Roughtrax sell thicker bars, but they will make the front stiffer too.

Comment

Bu**er!

The Polo needs a new wishbone (bent), new shock (creased), new track rod (bent), new hub mount (the bit that all the gubbins connect to), a new alloy and a new tyre. I wont have time to do it due to work and it needs doing quick (cos Vicki's got my motor) so it's 3 hours of labour at £30 an hour on top.

Bang goes my suspension lift for a bit!

Comment

Bu**er!

The Polo needs a new wishbone (bent), new shock (creased), new track rod (bent), new hub mount (the bit that all the gubbins connect to), a new alloy and a new tyre. I wont have time to do it due to work and it needs doing quick (cos Vicki's got my motor) so it's 3 hours of labour at £30 an hour on top.

Bang goes my suspension lift for a bit!

and you let her have the surf.....ohhhh my god

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      and you let her have the surf.....ohhhh my god
                      I'd like to see her bend a wishbone on that thing by bouncing up a kerb!

Comment

Ever get the feeling that you shouldn't have said something out loud?

Comment

I'd like to see her bend a wishbone on that thing by bouncing up a kerb!
                          where's there's a will there's a way and no doubt your other half could find it

Comment

Working...
                          X