• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes for tyres

I have had some quotes for all terrain tyres, 215 80 r15
    Marshalls £58
    Goodyear wranglers £66
    Bridgestone £72
    This includes valves balance and fitting.

I would like to know of anyones opinions of these tyres and prices either good or bad.

The Marshalls seem like a good price although if they are going to be noisy or wear quickly then it would be false economy.

I`ve also had the tracking done but i think i may have left it too late and they may be too worn now on the inside, what do you reckon.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by hawkwind
    Marshalls £58
    Goodyear wranglers £66
    Bridgestone £72

I would like to know of anyones opinions of these tyres and prices either good or bad.

The Marshalls seem like a good price although if they are going to be noisy or wear quickly then it would be false economy.

I`ve also had the tracking done but i think i may have left it too late and they may be too worn now on the inside, what do you reckon.

Thanks

Out of those, I would go for the Goodyears.
    When the tyres ware on the insides like that, it could also mean weak suspension or shocks.

Comment

Lurch has marshals and he made it around salisbury plain in may without getting stuck and i have two marshals on my road set and they aren't too bad
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I got Falken tyres for £58 each delivered, i payed my mate £30 to fit and bal them, There a great tyre with good pattern, no differance in noise from the old ones which were a good make (cant remember now?)
        What comes around goes around!!

Comment

I just got new tyres fitted, they are runway enduro's and cost me £52 each fitted and balanced, i'm very happy with them they grip well with no more road noise than any others i've had and have a good tread.
          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

I have had Marshal MTs on mine for over a year now. They got me round Salisbury alright as well. I seem to remember that the biggest problem was dust!!!

My brother supplied my Marshals at £200, which he reckons was trade price +VAT.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

ferrets found some colways at at 49 quid a pop...
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind
                Marshalls £58
                Goodyear wranglers £66
                Bridgestone £72

Thanks
                mine are like although not quite as bad and im thinking it could be my shocks as it bottoms out easy on the front, then again it might just be set up wrong
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

I`ve just had another quote for BF Goodrich £64.62 all in so i think i may go with these???

With regards to the inner wear and the possibility that it could be the shocks, how can i test them?
                  Is there any other reasons for the inner wear or possibly some adjustments that could be made.

Comment

When the shock wear out, the front of the truck tends to sag, causing the outside edges of the tyres to 'lift' off the ground so only the inner edges are in contact with the ground, A bit like negative camber on race cars. You could either replace the shocks, (if they are the originals then they'll probably need changing anyway) or crank up the torsion bars so the front of the truck raises and the tyres sit flat on the road.

Comment

Thanks for the info Vince.

There does not appear to be any sag as far as i can tell on the front.
                      Definately a bit of sag on the rear though.

Looks like i will have to keep a close eye on the tyres once the new ones are fitted.

Comment

Sorry, wrong choice of word there, I didn't mean sag like the rear springs do, what I mean is that when driving, the front of the truck sits heavily on the front torsion bars if the shocks are weak causing the front tyres to wear on the inner edges. Torsion bars work by the way of a twisting action, not like conventional coils and leaf springs, so it's difficult to tell wether the shocks are worn so inner edge tyre wear is an indication of this.

Comment

Sh!t
                          Got ££££££££££££££ signs flashing in front of my eyes again

Comment

It would be pretty useless keeping an eye on things after you
                            replace the tyres. Those tyres are a highly visible indication
                            that something is not correct.

Comment

So from looking at the pictures, would you say that it was not the tracking that could have caused the inner wear??
                              They did say that it was a mile out before it was corrected.

Comment

Working...
                              X