£25 per day
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Originally posted by joker??
    london congestion ,ken wants to charge 4x4 drivers and high emissions cars
    £25 per day

And he will for sure
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Couldn't give a toss. I've lived in London for seven years and never had to pay the congestion charge once. I just go on the (now reasonable) bus or ride my bike if I want to go into town.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        Couldn't give a toss. I've lived in London for seven years and never had to pay the congestion charge once. I just go on the (now reasonable) bus or ride my bike if I want to go into town.
        same here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just use the bus or tube , only drive the van or lorry in
        and thats the companies lol ferk red ken !!!!!!
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

London ...Don't go there any more too many cameras, police and cabbies
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

wont be going off road there then hey
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

OK, well, lets see what sort of definition of a 4x4 he can come up with that will include a Surf (2 wheel drive on the road) but exclude... say... a Sierra Cosworth, or Fiat Panda 4x4.

Or is this just the press getting it wrong (as usual), misuderstanding things, and assuming that any such 'legislation' is anti-4x4.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

As usual, dear old Ken is touting it as a charge on 4x4s, so everyone that is likely to vote for him says "Oh, goody, that will tax the Chelsea Tractor drivers, but not me". What the mugs don't realise is that it is rated on emissions, which will catch an awful lot more than just 4x4s.

Basically, he does not care about people with 4x4s or larger cars other than as a cash cow, on the basis that they are unlikely to vote for him anyway.
                Looks very class-motivated to me

Might be amusing to argue the toss when driving a veggie Surf...

"No, this car runs on 100% vegoil, and is therefore carbon-neutral so it's emissions are zero. I will therefore pay the lowest CC rate and no more."
                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

if you had an electric motor rigged up somehow that would make the surf a hybrid and therefore excempt. it doesnt matter what the body shell looks like... it could be a 6 wheeled/steering/driven HGV...
                  she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                    if you had an electric motor rigged up somehow that would make the surf a hybrid and therefore excempt. it doesnt matter what the body shell looks like... it could be a 6 wheeled/steering/driven HGV...

Cut the floor out and run like the Flintstones do!

Comment

Tis and interesting one. Surely this can only work in a similar way to the new car tax rules, so only vehicles built after 2001 (I think) will be charged the extra rate as thats when all manufactures had to disclose Co2 emissions on their vehicles. So us Surf drivers will be unaffected....of course I could be wrong???

And anyway I believe he has got to be re-elected before he brings all these new prices in so those who live in the areas effected should show their veiws at the ballot box.

Me...aint been into London for ages and dont intend to go in the future so Ken can stuff his charges up his...................
                      http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

dont go to them there big cities ourselves, prefer not to go outside the hamlet we live in... theres to many foreigners, otherwise known as southeners out there...
                        the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Originally posted by deegz
                          dont go to them there big cities ourselves, prefer not to go outside the hamlet we live in... theres to many foreigners, otherwise known as southeners out there...
                          You wouldn't want to come down south, we have proper beer that comes in pint glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                            You wouldn't want to come down south, we have proper beer that comes in pint glasses.
                            And we have our toilets IN our houses. How peculiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                              And we have our toilets IN our houses. How peculiar.

Our toilets flush!

Could be something to do with living on high ground though.

Comment

Working...
                              X