Website FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website FTP

HI, does anyone know where i can get free FTP thingy from and webspace?

Was messin about since the site was down designing my own.
    Got a cd-rom from PC world , Serif WebPlus(Select:web studio)to try.
    Laid the site out as i wanted but now need to get it up and running.
    Tried using myweb through tiscali,but can't get the Ipswich programme to operate as guidelines show on tiscali,and it's doing my head in

I'm not computer literate in any way Thought i was an expert uploading things to here!!!

Any help would be great,cheers.
    Last edited by smiffy; 11 July 2006, 18:15.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

NVU works great as an HTML editor - can't remember the name of the FTP program I use, but that was free as well - open source rules! I'll post the name if I get a chance to check it tonight at home.
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

your isp will probably give you webspace for free... mine does anyway. they then give you the login details (ip address/username/password) to access that webspace.

as for an ftp client which you can use to upload to this webspace, FlashFXP is the best but you'll need to source a non-legit copy (email me! haha). if you just want a normal free one try SmartFTP - just google it...
      I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by mooter
        your isp will probably give you webspace for free... mine does anyway. they then give you the login details (ip address/username/password) to access that webspace.

as for an ftp client which you can use to upload to this webspace, FlashFXP is the best but you'll need to source a non-legit copy (email me! haha). if you just want a normal free one try SmartFTP - just google it...
        Nice one. Couldn't get an e mail to you but downloaded the SmartFTp one. Just need to work out what to do with it!!

Comment

CuteFTP or WS_FTP etc...try Tucows website on www.tucows.com or www.download.com
          Last edited by Gizmo; 11 July 2006, 20:34.
          Gaz

Comment

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

Comment

If your PC has XP you MAY be able to create a folder in "My Network Places" to your webspace - then you got dead easy file transfer, I know it can be done using 1and1's webspace

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Right folks. Cheers for all the help.

Ive got my web space activated through tiscali.
                Ive downloaded Ipswitch WS_FTP Home and installed it and set up and got connected.
                Transfered files from 'my computer' to the righthand side file bit.

NOW WHAT??????

Is that it ,good to go??? I'm pushing myself to the limit of my skills. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrgh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
                  Right folks. Cheers for all the help.

Ive got my web space activated through tiscali.
                  Ive downloaded Ipswitch WS_FTP Home and installed it and set up and got connected.
                  Transfered files from 'my computer' to the righthand side file bit.

NOW WHAT??????

Is that it ,good to go??? I'm pushing myself to the limit of my skills. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrgh!!!

some sites have to be published..normally done through options for your website. This should then provide you with the website ref.....eg www.mysite.co.uk/~xxxxxxx or something like that

As long as the main page is named index.htm or index.html usually you should then be up and runnin
                  Gaz

Comment

Got this far,not finished yet

Dont know if its workin or not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/toyotasurfscotland/

Thanks again for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
                      Got this far,not finished yet

Dont know if its workin or not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/toyotasurfscotland/

Thanks again for all the help

tis workin..but need a little more formattin on the email link and over the video section me thinks
                      Gaz

Comment

Working...
                      X