Damn drunk drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn drunk drivers

In the early hours of Saturday morning a drunk driver flew down our road narrowly missing the Surf only to spank the rear quater of the Discovery we have only had for 3 months to the day. The force of the impact spun the Golf round and with the panic a girl jumped out of the drivers seat to get into the passengers side. The clown the drove hard back towards the disco and then reversed up to try and free off his wheel.he then spun round and drove off whilst being watched by everybody in the street who had been woken up by the collision...I didnt hear a chuffin thing but while i was on the phone to the law and tryin to get my dressing gown done and talk on the phone at the same time is hard with one free hand....When the law turned up we went through the usual procedure of details while another car followed the tyre trail all the way to the front door....oh dear oh dear...
    The fella was blabbing all the way to the local hostelry and they were in court today hopefully now without a licence the pair of them.....and looking for the bus timetable.

The saving grace is it did not happen a few hours earlier when kids could have been in the street...

The insurance company is looking at it as a total loss at the moment and yes i know it could be pulled out but by the time you add the labour and materials its not worth it.
    Im miffed off cos i only spent £100 on a new set of roof bars a couple of weeks ago now i got nuffin to put them on...

i do not know how they missed the surf apart from the fact it was parked further on the grass the the disco
    Attached Files
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Thats a shame. $$$$$$$$s
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Know how you feel mate , as you know had the same last year .
      Why not buy the salvage and use it as a toy ?
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

There's always a plus point....look at all the rust it's knocked of the bottom of the Disco. Saved you hours of wire brushing that has!

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. Keep the Disco and bob-tail it or tray back it. Every cloud has a silver lining.

I hope they chuck the book at them.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

I hope they chuck the book at them.[/QUOTE]

If they are white uk nationals then I am sure they will and they sure deserve it.

On the other hand.......................... .........................
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Ok Guys

Thanks for the support but firstly i would luv to keep it as a toy but i have two problems one is storage and the other is dragging it to events.. i have the zuki which nicely fits in the garage and can be dragged to events behind the surf on an A bar....

At the moment i am waitng on HBC from Soufend to come and pick it up which to me sounds like they are writing it off before they even look at it, and to be honest the age of it its not going to be worth putting it right....

Now wifey wants a little run around type like dare i say it
              vitara so the eldest can drive it when she passes her test without sting us on the insurance...

I have made the questions to the insurance company about buying it back but unless i have a breakers licence the chances are slim.....

Comment

BOOOO get a jimny!
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Look on the bright side, when a drunk hit my car he totalled it, and left a dead passenger at the end of my frontpath, which really spoils everone's day.

It's just a car, just make sure you get a good payout from the insurance

Comment

The disco got dragged off today

correction he drove it down the road with a broken rim and the back axle on the scew.. apparently the noise woke everybody up with it clonking down the road with 4 inchs of rim missing. It is now residing in a storage yard in Canvey island now and we are waiting for the first measly assesment in payout....

Im more gutted cos i didnt even get a chance to have a play in the dirt with it.....

Comment

[QUOTE=Medieval Dave]Look on the bright side, when a drunk hit my car he totalled it, and left a dead passenger at the end of my frontpath, which really spoils everone's day.

you could have put a pointy hat on him and used him for a knome.......
                      the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

It's funny, But as I was reading this there's just been another bad accident in the same place. A car pulled up to turn right, another car spotted this late and stopped just in time, and the vehicle behind, which was an ambulance, piled into them both at about 40.

one guy has whiplash and concussion or whatever, but the ambulane crew wouldn't do anything because they are involved, so they left himtill another ambulance turned up.

Comment

if i were you. i"d move....... but i"d take my knome with me....
                          the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Working...
                          X