Forum problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum problems

As you are all no doubt aware, we had some serious problems on the forum from Friday last week. Got attacked by some malicious code which did some major damage to the forum software and also two of the backups got damaged. We are currently running on the old server so there may be some funnies on here (pictures missing etc) so bear with us.

Also would you believe the old server went down for a couple of hours today too. Tearing my hair out doesn't even begin to describe it.

Anyway it seems to be OK now so fingers crossed. I will now get back to rebuilding the new server so that we can transition back to it as soon as possible.

cheers mate as always!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I know what it's like from personal experience. Just like to add my thanks & appreciation for your efforts...

Shab.
      Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Lucky,

I would just like to thank you for all the time you are putting in on this to get the forum up and running again. A BIG Thank You from us all.

Do you know exactly how the server got attacked? Was it a virus that came from a forum member using the site? Was the site singled out for attack from someone? I'm not to clued up on computers I'm afraid.

Once again, thanks for your time. We all appreciate it.

Comment

Not sure on the reason. It did happen after Joker!! added about 5 posts one after the other so the poor guy might have been infected, might have been a coincidence but Joker, you might want to virus check your PC.

Anyway S**t happens, it's back up again now.

Comment

does that mean we can make him a scapegoat???

great i love a lynchin' !!!

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
              does that mean we can make him a scapegoat???

great i love a lynchin' !!!

LMAO

No put the bed sheet away, no lynchings here. Can't really make the guy the scapegoat as it might just be a coincidence. Have to blame The Pajero or Land Rover owners (just kidding really)

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                As you are all no doubt aware, we had some serious problems on the forum from Friday last week. Got attacked by some malicious code which did some major damage to the forum software and also two of the backups got damaged. We are currently running on the old server so there may be some funnies on here (pictures missing etc) so bear with us.

Also would you believe the old server went down for a couple of hours today too. Tearing my hair out doesn't even begin to describe it.

Anyway it seems to be OK now so fingers crossed. I will now get back to rebuilding the new server so that we can transition back to it as soon as possible.

Well done chap..... you pooter people are sooooo clever....
                Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Thank F**K your back!!!

Thanks for all the time and effort of getting the forum up again, I've been there, read the book and got the T shirt. And I KNOW it's a real headache!

I must be addicted to this forum as I found myself trying the link whenever I passed the PC is that sad?

Anyway I'm glad your back old friend....

Must tell you my news that I've been busting to tell ever since Saturday.

I've got me a Surf !!!

1994 M plate, SSR-G 3.0L - all the electrics and cruise control thrown in. Even came with a rear load cover !!

Oh it's red over silver.

Had to travel 5 and half hours on a train with 4 changes, is that commitment?

Got sooooooooooooooooo many questions, I'll do another post B4 I get hung for hijacking this thread !

Now I can rest easy with my daily fix of the Hilux Surf forum.

Cheers one and all.
                  Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
                    Thanks for all the time and effort of getting the forum up again, I've been there, read the book and got the T shirt. And I KNOW it's a real headache!

I must be addicted to this forum as I found myself trying the link whenever I passed the PC is that sad?

Anyway I'm glad your back old friend....

Must tell you my news that I've been busting to tell ever since Saturday.

I've got me a Surf !!!

1994 M plate, SSR-G 3.0L - all the electrics and cruise control thrown in. Even came with a rear load cover !!

Oh it's red over silver.

Had to travel 5 and half hours on a train with 4 changes, is that commitment?

Got sooooooooooooooooo many questions, I'll do another post B4 I get hung for hijacking this thread !

Now I can rest easy with my daily fix of the Hilux Surf forum.

Cheers one and all.

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      Not sure on the reason. It did happen after Joker!! added about 5 posts one after the other so the poor guy might have been infected, might have been a coincidence but Joker, you might want to virus check your PC.

Anyway S**t happens, it's back up again now.
                      its not me andy , i run avg everyday nothing on my comp to suggest a virus
                      go on other sites no probs there
                      the reason you had 5 of my posts was that the site kept coming up with cancel or post so i done it about 5 times when i looked at what i posted it just had the headline and nothing else ,

sh#t i fancied a good lynching !!!!!but if its me lets forget it lol
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                        THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!!

OK OK, I'll do some if I can stop grinning
                        Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

I've got me a Surf !!!

Oh it's red over silver.
                          RESULT!

And in the best colour, too...

Thanks for getting the forum back up, Lucky - I was starting to twitch, and like Paff, checking the link every time I walked past the PC

Hope the server rebuld goes OK.
                          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

OK OK, I'll do some if I can stop grinning

A fellow HGV driver too. What's the money like on the tankers? Good, Bad, Ugly? Are you on 4on-4off? Are the hours good?

I need a new job. Five years with BOC (Marks and Spencer contract) is long enough!!!

Comment

just run a full scan no viruses
                              ps it was probaly somebody with a blue surf
                              Last edited by joker??; 11 July 2006, 18:58.
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X