No announcement yet.

New Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my 3rd Gen, Tony just lifted it 2" and I love it even more.
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

C'mon Slugsie stop pffaffing about........
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24328

Click on first link in there........ read.......find a cheap red 3.0 2G, get the wallet and spanners out............

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        Hehe.

Whilst fuel economy isn't a major factor, I'd rather keep it roughly the same as I get now (21-24mpg depending on town or motorway). It's my understanding that the 4.2LC can get mid 20s mpg. Whilst the idea of a V8 is very very very appealing, it's not a practical proposition unfortunately.
        My baby does 19MPG, thats bad.
        I would go for the late 3.0 2nd gen. Then go for a 10" lift with a set of 38" or 44" tyres. I wrekon you could cost that with 6K. Plus you wouldnt need a snorkel as hardy any pudddles get that deep!
        Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
          I would go for the late 3.0 2nd gen. Then go for a 10" lift with a set of 38" or 44" tyres. I wrekon you could cost that with 6K. Plus you wouldnt need a snorkel as hardy any pudddles get that deep!
          Hmm, that might be a touch on the big side. My 7yo daughter would need a ladder to get in, and a parachute to get out.

BTW, do you know where to get those wide arches on yours? I've had a look round, and not seen them anywhere.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

I think 'Bikenuts' who posts on here might be selling his 3.0 2nd gen manual to start another project. it's a diesel running gas as well, with water injection to keep it cool. Goes like greasy whotsit of a shovel.

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
              mine too and im on 31's!
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

i'd love to get to 19mpg on my 32's, but i do hardly any m'way stuff and i tend to use the pedal on the right a bit too much
                Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Poll

Hi mate the way you took-off at weardale in your "2.4" were would you have landed if you had been driving a 3litre. . l would go for a 2nd gen 3litre 3rd gen,s are to tinny l have got both and l prefair the 2nd gen any day.
                  Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                    Hi mate the way you took-off at weardale in your "2.4" were would you have landed if you had been driving a 3litre. . l would go for a 2nd gen 3litre 3rd gen,s are to tinny l have got both and l prefair the 2nd gen any day.
                    Erm

Do you still have that SSR-G for sale? I'd prefer an auto, but wouldn't pass up a good manual at the right price.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

poll

Hi Paul hope the little one is fine give me a ring one evening and we will chat l have 3 manuals and 2 automatics all 3litres ring me on 0151-474-3478.
                      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
                      X