hello , im new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello , im new

hi, i just found this place while searching for more info on hiluxes. i think im about to buy an old hilux with a diesel conversion and 33 inch rubber on it, ive wanted one for years, and im currently lumbered with a very boring car which im finding it hard to cope with so im gonna have to buy a huge truck i think. is there an mpg or what to look for when buying a hilux on here anywhere?
    thanks for your help folks
    andy
    665 the neighbour of the beast

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

Steer clear of the 2.4 unless they can prove the cylinder head has been replaced with the upgraded design.

Don't buy the first one you see. There are loads out there, take your time.

And.........

Welcome along

Comment

Hi Andy welcome laods of threads m8, have a god look at
      the for sale section of the fourm, at least you can get some history
      with the truck may be.
      Had mine 5 yrs would not swop her ( yet ) dont really like the newer
      ones prefer the older shape but each to there own ...mpg between
      20 to 25 round town depending on your right foot te he .

Good luck in your search poppy
      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

welcome andy get rid of that mundano , and get yourself a smilemobile
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

thanks for the advice folks, whats the deal with the head on the older design engine then?? mpg sounds fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 227angrydonkeys
            thanks for the advice folks, whats the deal with the head on the older design engine then?? mpg sounds fine to me.
            the mundano has to go, before that i had a 300 bhp nissan sunny 4 by 4 and the mondeo is like driving slow death

Comment

Originally posted by 227angrydonkeys
              do a search on head probs, there seems to be a bit more of a prob on 2.4with the heads cracking it seems to be a lot of the the time to do with overheating

saying that mine was done and its a 3 litre but ithink the rad was the cause my prob, i was lucky it was the previous owners prob lol

Comment

welcome to the mad house mate when i found this site i found all i wanted to know about surfs i dont think there is a surf related thing not on here

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse ......and quiet a few of us are....
                  The head problem is mainly on the 2.4 diesels and does not effect all of them but its a lottery
                  Other places for information are

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/

Once you get a truck you will get the grin
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Welcome to the clan mate. The BLUE ones go faster than the others , It's something to do with the Pigment in the paint !
                    !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
                      Welcome to the clan mate. The BLUE ones go faster than the others , It's something to do with the Pigment in the paint !
                      RUBBISH!!!!! if you look at this scientificily you will understand that that the coefficency of the pigment in paint will drastically increase the mpg , mph,
                      and it is a proven fact that was published by prof junger at california university under aviation @ automobile aerodynamics ,
                      top colour came out to be green and also more psychologically pleasing to the brain endorphins.
                      so there you have it folks !!!!!!
                      it is a fact that brg was chosen for this very reason

Comment

hi angrydonkey, is it a surf or pickup your looking at? and how old is old?
                        whichever truck it is you'll love it just don't expect to win any traffic light grand prix unless it's a 3litre turbo diesel or bigger!
                        you said its a diesel conversion whats it had fitted?
                        don't forget to post pickies so i can keep an eye out for you as an ex-horshamite relocated to creepy crawley!
                        any questions they're a good bunch in here and being local i'll try and help if i can.
                        shaun

ps this is mine
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by openback; 1 July 2006, 21:54. Reason: add pic
                        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Too right Green is the fastest. Must be, my speedo goes up to 180mph!! I've got to take me foot of the gas at 90 as it's threatening to go over 2500rpm. Can't have that or I'll waste too much of that expensive DERV.
                          Last edited by Tallyman; 1 July 2006, 22:27.
                          Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                            Can't have that or I'll waste too much of that expensive DERV.
                            derv?? is that the expensive form of veg oil???

burgundy over grey... or claret over gunmetal is the sophisticated choice

if its fitted with 33's then its already got a 4 inch lift on it
                            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                              derv?? is that the expensive form of veg oil???

burgundy over grey... or claret over gunmetal is the sophisticated choice

Bordeaux over flint!

Comment

Working...
                              X