Estima ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estima ??

I know what a wealth of knowledge we are lucky enough to have here and I'm hoping one of you will be able to give me some info on the Toyota Estima 2.2 diesel.
    Does it suffer the same head/cooling problems with the 2.4 Surf and also are there any other problems. I hasten to add that I am NOT selling my Surf, this is for Gina to help run her Grooming Business I will be fitting it out to transport the dogs.
    Cheers
    John
    [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
    [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Originally posted by rockey
    I know what a wealth of knowledge we are lucky enough to have here and I'm hoping one of you will be able to give me some info on the Toyota Estima 2.2 diesel.
    Does it suffer the same head/cooling problems with the 2.4 Surf and also are there any other problems. I hasten to add that I am NOT selling my Surf, this is for Gina to help run her Grooming Business I will be fitting it out to transport the dogs.
    Cheers
    John
    I have heard the the 2.2 does have some head problems however I can't remember where I heard it from.

Why don't you look at a Mitsubishi Delica while you're at it. They are pretty ugly but I have just seen a good write up on the in What MPV & 4x4

Cheers

Comment

Estimas

From what i am told the 2.4 Estima can suffer from head problems as the surfs can, but the 2.2 is meant to be sound. If you buy a post 94 model they are all meant to be O.K.
      Brian
      LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WORK FULLTIME

Comment

John
        Found this - don't know if you've already checked it out
        http://uktoyotaestimasite.tripod.com/
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

Agree the Delica is very very ugly, its also a Paj in a new dress with worse fuel economy, Rusty, I did find that site as well but no real info there, makes you grateful for this site
          [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
          [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

Estima's
            A friend of mine has one, and I must say, if I was looking for an MPV I would look no further. Funnily enough he has it kitted out for dogs too. The rear aircon is a useful feature, especially when they are wet and smelly (the dogs too!!) His is permanent 4wd. I'll ask if there are any issues with them and post again, but it will probably be at weekend.
            Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete, Much appreciated.
              John

Comment

my mates got an estima and the only trouble he's had is the idler arm gone and the battery's knackered... it's a K reg and looks good!
                black windows and BIG alloys!

big pimpin!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                  my mates got an estima and the only trouble he's had is the idler arm gone and the battery's knackered... it's a K reg and looks good!
                  black windows and BIG alloys!

big pimpin!
                  why you call your m8 idler, BET HE'S NOT
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
                    why you call your m8 idler, BET HE'S NOT
                    nah, he's got a strong arm (uses it for lads stuff!) but he also has an idler arm.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                    X