• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 is the best

As far as generations of Surf go, dunno about the phone though
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

All networks are pretty much the same - ie - shockingly $$$$ depending n where you are. They quote figures for coverage using different metrics (99% population or 99% land mass are totally different). Handsets are getting worse as they get smaller and aerials get worse, ground stations are getting built as 3g and the 2g ones are getting left and it's all getting a bit of a mess from what i can tell. Frankly don't think it matters but i agree with whoever said the 3's handsets all look very nice but are a bit $$$$.
      ======
      Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

I've had no experience with 3, and i've been with o2 for three years now. Previous to this i found t-mobile to be shockingly bad for reception but got exceptionally high bills for my usage although probably due to being on the wrong contract more than network. after t-mobile i went to bt cellnet (now o2) but on pay as you go and was happy but a contract was always going to be better value. Went to vodafone and although my bills were not as high as they had been with t-mobile, i was getting about £15 a MONTH in charges for calls/services i hadn't made or used. Some of which i could prove, i got billed for calls while i was out of the country without my phone, charged for calls when my phone was supposed to have been barred after i reported it lost/stolen, and charged for vodafone live interactive services on a phone that didn't support vodafone live.

So purely from past experience i would never go back to t-mobile and certainly not vodafone.

As for handsets i've had an xda2, xda2i, and xda exec as my last three, and never looked back. Although bulky and sometimes slow to use as a phone the extra advantages of windows mobile far outweigh the inconvenience of carrying a housebrick in your pocket and waiting 10 seconds for it to do anything.

IMO
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

im on vodaphone and find it great, but then again we do have a mast at work so coverage is excellent for me there. im due to upgrade again soon, and fancy a phone i can run a >cough< version of tom tom go on, and if its tought enough to take a few knocks it would be better for me. im a fitter and phones dont tend to like all the abuse they get at work, had 3 motorola's this year.

any suggestions i've not got a clue what to get?? but deal direct with vodaphone as i get a good deal that way.
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
          X