Is 3 a good mobile network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 3 a good mobile network?

Thinking of changing phone companys. 3 are doing a good deal at the moment, but are they any good?

Coverage ok?

Customer Service ok?

etc
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Been using 3 for two years, so far no probs.

Comment

from what i know, there coverage has been somewhat shabba, but they have now switched to ornage to provide their 2g coverage, so it should be better. they do seem to have some cracking deals on contracts, but remember, that if its a contract phone you're after, orange will match ANY other mobile providers contract, and you get a far greater choice of phones in my experience, and their insurance is great cos i've used it loads. £5 per month (which goes down the longer ur with them) and if u say your phones broke they just send u a new one and take a away the old one, no questions.

Also with orange you can get some great smartphones too!!!

No i don't work for them, just love me gadgets!

Mart
      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

my friend had probs but as mentioned apparantly they are ok now.
        the only thing for me is 3 seem to do rubbish handsets only.

do Orange match T-Mobile Flext????? its honestly the best ever contract I have ever had, after 3 months on my new tmobile phone i swapped to it and its my lowest bills ever with plenty of credit to spare. its so good im thinking of getting my new work contract with them too (currently orange)
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I had a falling out with orange over a contract I never took out! Never even had the phone! Tried getting bailiffs on me and all sorts!

It was the shops fault but the guy who served me had left etc, etc.

Anyway looking at a N80 with the WI-FI bit and all the other extras for £15 pm for 18 months. Nice phone stacks of goodies and I like nokia over any other phones.
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

nokia smart phones are rubbish... they just run slow and keep crashing.

had trouble with T mobile flext... put on wrong tarriff and got £200 bill... didn't pay until it was sorted... had to pay when baliff's turned up... now they're talking to me but they can't put me on the tarriff i wat cos now i've got a £50 credit limit!!!

$$$$s!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

get a microsoft smartphone!!

all the different operators call them different things, but underneath they're all the same phone, usually made by a company called HTC.

I have the orange spv m5000, also called the o2 xda exec, the t-mobile mda pro, and now coming out on 3 in the near future.

its a 3g phone running windows with microsoft word, excell, powerpoint, and acrobat, full internet explorer, touch screen with handwriting recognition, Wi-Fi, 1.3 meg camera, sd card slot (with a 2gb sd card i have in it at the mo!), full qwerty keyboard, windows media player, etc, etc.

basically loads of gadgets!! the only downside is that is it the size of a pda, but it doesn't bother me.

you can get virtually all the same functions with the far smaller spv c600, now that's a cracking phone, and free on contract!!!

have a gander on www.coolsmartphone.com

Mart
              Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

I have the T-mobile SDA-II with co-pilot - sat nav and phone in a phone sized unit - I run the FLEX25 contract - it's a cracker

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I`m with vodafone, 75 mins anytime and 100 texts a month for £15.
                  What i like about vodafone is the stop the clock, take 3 mins from my contract time and talk for an hour off peak.

I talk for hours off peak and have yet to use my alloted 75 mins for the month.

Great package for the price and a free phone

Comment

3 even worse danno dont do it mate
                    threatened to take me to court untill i backed up my case with copies of all letters i sent them and there collection agency they use sent the file back saying drop this case
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Check out my friends site for 3g, hes the market leader online.http://www.simply3g.co.uk
                      Kite Surf

Comment

Check this site for the best deals on phones & tarifs

http://www.mobiles4everyone.com/

Comment

im getting rid of gps/sony clie and nokia 6230 after my hols to switch to windows mobile - will be great for my IT work too!
                          ive seen a few that look good, the Vario II comes out soon.
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by SPEEDYSQUIRES
                            Check this site for the best deals on phones & tarifs

http://www.mobiles4everyone.com/

I`ve been told to keep clear of the 3 network.

i used this site to find my current phone/tariff

http://www.20000mobiledeals.co.uk/

Looks kind of similar to SPEEDYSQUIRES
                            Stella Artois

Comment

I'm with Orange,300 anytime cross network minutes + 150 texts per month + free broadband + a live box wireless modem which gives me free evening and weekend calls from my landline,not a bad free handset either,Samsung D600E.All for £30.00 a month.So far so good