Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D H L/ couriers?

Well i just "won" some wheels on ebay, hence my enquirey about a surf train
    (thanks for your offers Da slug man (matt) and joker (dave) and someone else
    ?) But could'nt get em down from Falkirk so this guys supposed to be arranging a courier (DHL) and he says they want £135 due to size and weight
    etc, Is this about right? It sounds a lot but im thinking it's still cheaper than takeing the surf up there (3-4 tankfulls) plus $hitting myself in case the head goes cos if it's gonna go it's gonna go in scotland!
    The guy seems ok but he's draging his heels a bit, I suppose he pi$$ed that his starting bid did'nt go any higher (i was the only bidder) and his other set
    did'nt go at all, plus i think he'd have preferred someone local buying them,
    would'nt have all this aggro then, But he did state able to ship at a price and i did contact him prior to bidding! Just hope he's not gonna stiff me,
    What do you think, is this reasonable? Ian.
    PS These,http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Last edited by POPEYE; 29 June 2006, 17:41.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

the only thing to do is to get in touch with DHL yourself and see what price they give you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I would sugest getting a price from nightfreight, I have a small pallet - guess about the same weight from midlands to devon for aprox £45.....this price you were given seems a bit expencive to me
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Hello mate ,i had some wheels shipped a little while a go for my old range rover they were 16ins rims bronco grizzly claws on not the smallest in the world and the guy i brought them from only charged me £48 with parcel force on a 48 hour service .my advice would be find your your own price and get them to pick them up for you and just send him the money for the wheels ,sounds like hes trying to make his money up to me hope this helps mate

Comment

I paid £50 delivery for 4 surf alloys, with tnt
          Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

For heavy stuff like that I think I would try Nightfreight, not DHL.

To stick my neck out I think you could get them shifted for nearer 50quid, but that doesn't cover the sellers trouble to bundle them up and be in for the courier to collect.

Dave

Comment

considering it's a round trip of only about 950 miles that sounds rather expensive to me, the surf could get up there and back on less than that in fuel, so can't see a courier company not being more competitive with its pricing.
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Cheers guys, just neened a bit of moral support, I'll have a phone round as you advise and see, I thought maybe this guys loading it a bit as the wheels
                did'nt fetch as much as he thought, Thanks Ian

Comment

try www.postvan.com - i use them
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

hey ian what rims have you got on your truck now???
                    asks intrested person!!!!!!!
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

OK Phoned DHL and they qouted roughly £145!!! even worse, Nightfreight,
                      i have to call back in the morning! so the man aint lieing,
                      Hi Dave, Got the standard rims but there's a bit of a story to em, I got some
                      hubs from 4x4 which were supposed to fit but they were a little too tight so
                      i've probably commited a cardinal sin! i file's the centers out a bit to get the hubs in, About 1- 1,1/2mm, Does'nt seem to have made em weaker though,
                      No cracking or wheels comeing loose,
                      Hallow no atachments? getting page cannot be displayed
                      Cant get photobucket up either!!! What the F**ks goin on
                      Ah got it
                      Also got some others im gonna put on parts for sale when i pay'd me 2 quid
                      Last edited by POPEYE; 29 June 2006, 19:10.

Comment

palletways used to be £50 per pallet up to a certain height (6'6" i think) any taller and it wouldn't fit on the night trunk so it wouldn't go next day.... think they "may" do a reduced rate for smaller pallets as they can stack or put on top deck
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                          OK Phoned DHL and they qouted roughly £145!!! even worse, Nightfreight,
                          i have to call back in the morning! so the man aint lieing,
                          Hi Dave, Got the standard rims but there's a bit of a story to em, I got some
                          hubs from 4x4 which were supposed to fit but they were a little too tight so
                          i've probably commited a cardinal sin! i file's the centers out a bit to get the hubs in, About 1- 1,1/2mm, Does'nt seem to have made em weaker though,
                          No cracking or wheels comeing loose,
                          Hallow no atachments? getting page cannot be displayed
                          Cant get photobucket up either!!! What the F**ks goin on
                          Ah got it
                          Also got some others im gonna put on parts for sale when i pay'd me 2 quid
                          let us know when and what you got, any of those pepper pots with the bolts??
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

They are pepper pot but no bolts, Off a mitz delica only got em a month or so ago then decieded there not what i really want, They need laqure stripping and a good polish then relaqureing, Tyres are border line, Will i get in trouble if i post a pic mods?

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                              try www.postvan.com - i use them

Thats who i use

But a mate of mine used amtrak for four alloys.Even though it was four parcels for four alloys,they only charged him for one shipment,came to £48.

Olso with postvan.com.
                              the bloke who picks up your parcel is not bothered how big or heavy your parcel is.He`s just been told to pick up a package.He`s don his bit
                              Stella Artois

Comment

Working...
                              X