No announcement yet.

my holliday in a land rover next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it broke down the day before i went on holiday on the m25 with gearbox problems!
    phoned assist and they were sending someone when i turned the engine back on to get the aircon going and the fault cleared
    phoned them back and the operator said this happens all the time and its only ... wait for it........ "an electrical glitch & range rovers have them all the time"
    then i had a puncture an hour after that
    anyway we set off and acording to the mpg counter in the car i was getting 17.1 mpg doing 80/85 in normal drive (sport mode was pointless i had the kids/wife/mother in law) in the car
    i must say it was steady and pretty comfy really (though i hate to admit it)
    so did just short of 400 miles and had 3 hours in q-ing traffic in total
    then did 300+ miles pottering around and then did the journey back at 90 mph
    and in total i used 378.63 ltrs (83.28 gallons) and did 1172 miles
    so approx mpg is 14.07 and it cost £370.73
    so im under with my estimation of £500

anyway back to the car
    in the few weeks he has had it it has had gearbox problems (stuck in third) although turning ignition off it reset itself!!
    the rear overfinch spoiler? (bottom of rear bumper where spare is) fell off while my boss was driving to work (now repaired at a cost of £500 overfinch paid) and the new one is paper thin as was the last one so it will happen again!

the ride quality is ok but nothing special
    to put the overfinch kit on they remove the trim on the inside of the doors where it meets the sills so it gets full of dirt when its raining and you have to open the doors to clean it off so unless you clean it by hand all the water splashes into the cabin!
    one good thing i do like is the cruise control,when you set it it drives until it gets close to another car then it slows the car down by applying the brakes to keep you at a safe distance although i did have the brake covered in case i had another "electrical glitch"
    it sounds nice

is it worth £80k?
    NO! not in my honest opinion
    you can get a lot more luxury 4 X 4 for less money

my boss likes it but im sure when it brakes down again (oh and it will!!) & he has got the shooting season out of the way he will chop it in agaist the new s class amg............... i cant wait
    at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Got any jobs going? I want to work for a boss like yours!!
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
        Got any jobs going? I want to work for a boss like yours!!
        hey its hard work!
        no honest it is!
        no really it is
        at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

on the way back from cornwall today, there was a frelander on the hard shoulder of the m42 on fire!!! the most distressing thing about this is that this was the second one ive seen do this in the last four weeks....

good old landrover!!!
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
          X