Yet Another Stereo Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Stereo Issue

Surf was fitted with one of those top of the range Toyota factory stereos when i bought it several months ago. Only problem was CD kept on being ejected before it could play (may be my taste in music it didn't like ).
    Rather than get it fixed, thought i'd go down market with a Pioneer, got it all fitted up fine, BUT...radio plays fine on all speakers in car, but CD only plays through the front ones, and you know the high quality they are not.
    Whats gone wrong? Has a wire been missed, and i better point out, i didn't fit it, a car stereo shop did, surely they know what they are doing?

Anyone any ideas i need my music lowd and fast
    Is it supposed to sound like this??

It is a common problem but I don't know the answer. I am still listening to Wogan or Talksport and the RHS front speaker is naffed. One of these days I will sort it out.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2119
      Surf was fitted with one of those top of the range Toyota factory stereos when i bought it several months ago. Only problem was CD kept on being ejected before it could play (may be my taste in music it didn't like ).
      Rather than get it fixed, thought i'd go down market with a Pioneer, got it all fitted up fine, BUT...radio plays fine on all speakers in car, but CD only plays through the front ones, and you know the high quality they are not.
      Whats gone wrong? Has a wire been missed, and i better point out, i didn't fit it, a car stereo shop did, surely they know what they are doing?

Id take it back and get them to sort it
      Kite Surf

Comment

It's a funny on the surf.

I think it goes like this

The rear speakers have built in amplifiers. these are powered up only when the stereo is on, and are triggered by the same signal that sends the electric ariel up.

On toyota radios the ariel goes up as soon as the stereo is powered, but on some the signal for the ariel is on only if you are set to radio.

You have several options:

If you never offroad you can connect the signal that should go to the ariel to the switched live feed to the radio, so that the ariel goes up and the rear speakers are on when the ignition is on.

you can connect it via a switch so that it is on when the ign is on but you can switch it to go back down when offroading (but get no rear speakers when offroad)

If you already broke your electric ariel like me then option 2 is a goodun

or you can dive into the loom so the ariel is still controlled by the radio, but the rear amps are on all the time.

If you are taking a feed off the switched live to the amp trigger make sure you do get the switched not the unswitched or you will get mystery flat batteries

Any probs give a shout, I think I have wiring diagrams somewhere that I found on a site linked from the Aussie Hilux site.

Dave

Comment

Dave, thanks very much for this info, yours is actually more understandable than the previous threads. Cheers for that. Apparently, another way round it is to leave the traffic alert on, on the radio to allow the power to go thro.
          Sorry i posted this thread on two different sections, didn't know which one was right, and thought both would double my results.
          Cheers matey

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
            It's a funny on the surf.

I think it goes like this

The rear speakers have built in amplifiers. these are powered up only when the stereo is on, and are triggered by the same signal that sends the electric ariel up.

On toyota radios the ariel goes up as soon as the stereo is powered, but on some the signal for the ariel is on only if you are set to radio.

You have several options:

If you never offroad you can connect the signal that should go to the ariel to the switched live feed to the radio, so that the ariel goes up and the rear speakers are on when the ignition is on.

you can connect it via a switch so that it is on when the ign is on but you can switch it to go back down when offroading (but get no rear speakers when offroad)

If you already broke your electric ariel like me then option 2 is a goodun

or you can dive into the loom so the ariel is still controlled by the radio, but the rear amps are on all the time.

If you are taking a feed off the switched live to the amp trigger make sure you do get the switched not the unswitched or you will get mystery flat batteries

Any probs give a shout, I think I have wiring diagrams somewhere that I found on a site linked from the Aussie Hilux site.

Dave
            Or then again you could have an aerial like mine - see this thread.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Is that not your snorkel for off-roading?

Comment

Is that not your snorkel for off-roading?
                87 Pickups might be able to breathe through a hole that small, a 3.0Litre Hippo requires a better air supply.

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi I had the same problem with a pro fitted sony mp3 player. It woz fine when we left the workshop but about an hour later (after leaving car for a munch) came back and lost rear speakers, but the front ones were ok apart from the perrished rubber around the edge that holds them together
                  I did find a cure however and I hope this might help somone out in the future, my head unit (cd player) has a small reset button which I pressed in desperation, It haz been fine ever since. I'm still not sure how or why but it worx. Hope this might help.
                  xcuse mi spilling kan't phinda dictonnairy

Comment

Working...
                  X