yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on windscreen replacement please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on windscreen replacement please.

My screen is cracked and the RAC Windscreen Replacement people are asking if the import SURF is the same as the British spec. I have a 1996 3.0 KZN185W. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Regards Colin.

Originally posted by cal36288
    My screen is cracked and the RAC Windscreen Replacement people are asking if the import SURF is the same as the British spec. I have a 1996 3.0 KZN185W. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Hello Mate I have the same model as you, I woul ring toyota UK and ask them. I know that people on here have had windscreen replacements, have you tried doing a search?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

i bet its the same as a colorado front screen but best to check
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by cal36288
        As far as I know, there never was a 'British Spec' 3rd Gen Surf...

The 2nd gen is the same as the 4Runner, but that's about it...
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Its not the same screen as either the 2nd Gen or the Colorado. I think its the same as a 97- hilux pick-up. This has been covered before so a search should be able to give you a definitive answer.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

i think your right morr
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

yeah, autoglass fitted mine from a pickup... exactly the same but no tint (possibly it's a green tint, not brown??)
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i've got an invoice if you need part number... but that's in a draw with a technical filing system!!...

woman must have done it at some point!... i'll dig it out if need be!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X