How are the roads in your area...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the roads in your area...

...I thought it would be interesting to find out where in the country the most tatty roads were...

Cheers,

Shab.
    Carpe Biscalorum...

Here's a clue........I bought a Surf, raised the suspension and fitted mud tyres, get the picture of our roads around here?
    The only roads to get re-surfaced are the smooth ones.......go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Here's a clue........I bought a Surf, raised the suspension and fitted mud tyres, get the picture of our roads around here?
      The only roads to get re-surfaced are the smooth ones.......go figure!
      Same here...apparently Cheshire road repairing is 50 years behind schedule, now I know that is only 50 roads @ 1 year behind but...c'mon
      Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

it's west berkshire!...

they're awful.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Shab
          Same here...apparently Cheshire road repairing is 50 years behind schedule, now I know that is only 50 roads @ 1 year behind but...c'mon
          Yeah, anywhere on the way to Crewe is shocking!! sometimes i worry if the surf can take it never mind the wifey's 206!
          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Well....................as a roadworker myself,i have to say the roads in Argyll and Bute are the best kept in the world

Don't know why i need a 4x4.................not!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! LOL

At least i know where the pot holes are to dodge them!
            www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
              Well....................as a roadworker myself,i have to say the roads in Argyll and Bute are the best kept in the world

Don't know why i need a 4x4.................not!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! LOL

At least i know where the pot holes are to dodge them!
              Must admit roads in Scotland are very good.When you get past Glasgow going North (A9 ithink),they are the best kept roads i`ve been on in the country,Do they have signs on saying Bear Highways??. Something like that anyway.Pleasure to drive
              Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
                Must admit roads in Scotland are very good.When you get past Glasgow going North (A9 ithink),they are the best kept roads i`ve been on in the country,Do they have signs on saying Bear Highways??. Something like that anyway.Pleasure to drive

I 'spose it's something to do with weight of traffic. For my money, Dorset has to be up there with the best...
                Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Devizes is one big pothole
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

stoke on trent...

nuff said..

do i win a prize?? i really want a prize. i never win anyfing...
                    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      Devizes is one big pothole

I think our country is one big pothole!! And we still have to pay our bl**dy road tax!!
                      Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                        stoke on trent...

nuff said..

do i win a prize?? i really want a prize. i never win anyfing...

I'm inclined to agree with you, they are very bad around here but i think Stoke must take first prize, which is............................ ..............

A free pot-hole of your choice!!!!......
                        [Terms & conditions apply]

Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

shakin stevens is from cardiff, some 12-16miles south of me......
                          he used to be called steady stevens before he started gigging up here....
                          these valley roads must be the worse.....

carl.....
                          gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Somerset without doubt, they're really bad here especially around Taunton!!

I smacked my tracking out on my last car and it cost me 2 new tyres
                            I also saw in the local rag that some bloke smacked his sump etc on one that was water filled and it was alot deeper than he realised. When you complain about it they say that the road was ok when they checked it last - then we found out that they only check it once a year!!!!
                            The local council used the road money for education a couple of years back and now they're wondering why the roads are full of holes

Comment

Locally there cr@p! Bad backfilled trenches, pot holes and if that aint enough
                              the council in their infinate stupidity put rubber traffic humps all over, they did the steering rack in on my serria, Hows this for planning! they did'nt put
                              any humps outside the school where you might expect to have traffic calming measures insted the humps start well past the school and extend right along middle park way into an area where there are no bl00dy houses at all, Bits of em are always comeing loose which makes em worse, We should have a refund of road tax just for haveing to drive on em.
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X