Penalty or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty or Not?

Having woken up to the realisation that Australia have been knocked out of the World Cup, I thought I'd ask you guys and girls who saw the match whether or not you think we were robbed?

Personally I think to give a questionable penalty in the dying seconds of such a huge match is unforgivable.

If it was a blatant tackle at the legs, then fair enough. But to give one so close to the end, for such a soft tackle shows that the referees have too much power over the game.

One thing this World Cup will be remembered for is not the quality of football, but the blunders by incompetent referee's.

Time for a bit more technology I think. It's there, ready and waiting. Other sports use it to very good effect without ruining the game, and at the end of the day when there is so much riding on it, the referee should not be given the power to play god (of football that is.)

What are your thoughts?

I'm off to drown my sorrows with a few tinnies. . . Good Luck England (I hope you meet Italy in the Final and stuff em' !!
    Just Vegging Out

I think the main problem with video ref in football (the kind they use in rugby) is the fact that footballers are no where near as disiplined as rugby players. Could you imagine a bunch of footballers waiting patiantly by the ref while they await the decision?? If you so much as swear at the ref in rugby your sent off, i think the refs do alright job considering how much flack they get. You can only judge a game by what you see, and with football being a fast game, well things are to see at times?
    What comes around goes around!!

Comment

I don't think it was a pen, but Neill made it really easy for him to fall over him by going to ground. Going by the refs this year, it was always gonna be a penalty.

You don't think an Italy player (or most others sadly) is going to hit the deck in the penatly area given the slightest oppitunity.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoffmeister
        ....I'm off to drown my sorrows with a few tinnies. . . !!
        Salute!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
          Salute!

OUCH !!
          Just Vegging Out

Comment

[QUOTE=The Hoffmeister]Having woken up to the realisation that Australia have been knocked out of the World Cup, I thought I'd ask you guys and girls who saw the match whether or not you think we were robbed?

I think you were definitely robbed.

Now, would you be so kind as to ask your Government to release the two years' of superannuation contributions that they have taken from me??

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
              Now, would you be so kind as to ask your Government to release the two years' of superannuation contributions that they have taken from me??
              How do you think we paid for all the football boots?

A new shirt every match doesn't come cheap you know !!

Just Vegging Out

Comment

Hate to say it, the ref gave a penalty so it was a penalty....... was that the correct decision? in my opinion, no.

Shame to see the roo’s go though; they deserved so much more dignity!
                Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by J5C
                  Hate to say it, the ref gave a penalty so it was a penalty....... was that the correct decision? in my opinion, no.

Shame to see the roo’s go though; they deserved so much more dignity!
                  Didn't the Socceroos cheat in an earlier game? What goes around......

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                    Didn't the Socceroos cheat in an earlier game? What goes around......
                    The Socceroos had bad luck in each match. None worse than the Croatia match referee'd by Mr Poll. Australia had 2 clear penalty decisions ignored. We got our own back with the equaliser since Kewell and Viduka were both off side (marginally)

But we didn't deserve the penalty against Italy. But hey, s*it happens.

I'd like to see a Commonwealth Cup started. Now that there are enough teams in the Commonwealth that could give England a run for their money like Australia, Ghana, Cameroon, Jamaica & Trinidad & Tobego.

Lets get onto the FA and sort it out !!
                    Just Vegging Out

Comment

deffo robbed by a bunch of cheating (nothing new there) italians and cr@ppy (nothing new there) officials...

....and to think you still got the ashes loss to come later on and an early exit from next years rugby in france, unlucky mate!
                      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
                      X