Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I am new to the site and am in the process of looking for a Hi-lux surf (not too fussy about engine size), and would be grateful of any advice of what to look out for (other than the obvious) when viewing .

I have read a few threads regarding cylinder head replacements? Does the toyota engine suffer from over heating problems?

Look forward to your replies
    sean.

Originally posted by seang
    I am new to the site and am in the process of looking for a Hi-lux surf (not too fussy about engine size), and would be grateful of any advice of what to look out for (other than the obvious) when viewing .

I have read a few threads regarding cylinder head replacements? Does the toyota engine suffer from over heating problems?

Look forward to your replies
    sean.
    Hello mate and welcome. Go for the 3ltr td its maily the 2.4s that have the head problem and some of the older 3ltr's they are superb trucks and you will love it.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
      Hello mate and welcome. Go for the 3ltr td its maily the 2.4s that have the head problem and some of the older 3ltr's they are superb trucks and you will love it.
      Thanks for the reply Charvell

Looks like the 3ltr is the one for me then. But out of curiosity would you know what kind of head problems the 2.4's suffer with.

Comment

welcome seang 3 litres the way to go
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

3.0lt is the way to go mate. More power, lower revs loads of torque and a trouble free (hopefully) head.

The 2.4's suffer from cracked cylinder heads. Not all, but enough to make going for a 3.0lt sensible.

Welcome to the site. Hope you get what you are looking for. Have you looked at the for sale section?

Comment

shed loads on ebay also.

Comment

welcome chap, as above get a 3litre unless you can guarantee you can get a 2.4 with the modded head.

unfortunately you'll have to settle for the inferior 2nd or 3rd gen surfs as the 1st gens are reserved for us VIPs only....i don't write the rules you know....
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Yep 3ltr is the way to go and all the better in British Racing BLUE

Comment

[QUOTE=Ricksurf]Yep 3ltr is the way to go and all the better in British Racing GREEN

Comment

Oi ! I Said BLUE

Comment

And besides, Joker, I note you said Topcat had a nice blue one in another thread.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ricksurf]Oi ! I Said green

Comment

Originally posted by Ricksurf
                          And besides, Joker, I note you said Topcat had a nice blue one in another thread.
                          yes but i was thinking in green it would have been excellent

Comment

GREEN = A mix of BLUE and yellow............you have Blue in your blood somwhere

Comment

its got to be green
                              If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Working...
                              X