Which One do i buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which One do i buy

Hi people im new here and ive just yesterday sold my vauxhall calibra giving me the final funds to purchase a surf. ive been looking around at 92 - 93 models and most are 2.4td for about £2500 to £3500. I have seen some problems with the 2.4 overheating and heads cracking. Is this a general fault with the 2.4 or does it only affect a few. Does the 3.0td suffer the same problems as there is one of them for sale just down the road from me with 90k miles on the clock going for £2600 on an L - plate (is this a good price)
    Also what kind of mpg do you get from a surf. Im not to bothered i used to run a landrover series 3 petrol 2.25ltr and i think that must of been doing well under 20mpg
    Any advise would be great as i cant wait to get a surf and get out playing in the mud.

Cheers

BIG GINGER
    Last edited by Big Ginger; 26 June 2006, 17:04.
    To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

If you can, get a 3.0 they are pokier and fuel consumption isn't much more, average seems to be 25mpg ish.

Less head probs (although maybe because they are younger vehicles)

But you wont regret buying one, much more civilised than a landy and not far behind It in the offroad dept either!

cheers
    Neil
    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

welcome to the site B/G 3 litres heads do go but it is much rarer
      from what i can glean of comments on here when you do get one do a service and change coolants , check rad , and thermostat
      run a s3 myself for a while, these trucks (surfs) are on a different level and are a pleasure to drive
      3 litre for £2600 is a very good price but make sure all is well and take it for a LONG test drive and give it a bit of stick just to make sure,
      boots uk who i bought mine from had a death grip on the handle lol
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Cheers

Cheers lads for the info i may go check it out tonight it does seem cheap for a 3.0ltr. I am off work wednesday an i may look at a few 2.4's as well ive seen one with only 66k on clock. Also do you know any decent insurance companies and parts stockists.

BIG GINGER
        To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ginger
          Cheers lads for the info i may go check it out tonight it does seem cheap for a 3.0ltr. I am off work wednesday an i may look at a few 2.4's as well ive seen one with only 66k on clock. Also do you know any decent insurance companies and parts stockists.

BIG GINGER
          Hi BG, welcome to the nuthouse !

Take the 3.0L - you should not be disappointed

Try A-Plan for your insurance (0845 071 1234)

Try Milners or roughtrax for spares (a search on the forum will find both)

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

BIG GINGER
            roughtrax or milners for parts , roughtrax seems a little better quality
            tony is the man if you do need a mechanic
            ithink its supermarket.com they find you the cheapest insurance
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Hi people im new here and ive just yesterday sold my vauxhall calibra giving me the final funds to purchase a surf. ive been looking around at 92 - 93 models and most are 2.4td for about £2500 to £3500. I have seen some problems with the 2.4 overheating and heads cracking. Is this a general fault with the 2.4 or does it only affect a few. Does the 3.0td suffer the same problems as there is one of them for sale just down the road from me with 90k miles on the clock going for £2600 on an L - plate (is this a good price)
              Also what kind of mpg do you get from a surf. Im not to bothered i used to run a landrover series 3 petrol 2.25ltr and i think that must of been doing well under 20mpg
              Any advise would be great as i cant wait to get a surf and get out playing in the mud.

Cheers

BIG GINGER
              Make sure its a BLUE one as theyre the best
              Attached Files
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                Make sure its a BLUE one as theyre the best
                There's always one who has to mention the colour.

And gets it wrong. You want Gunmetal Grey. The TRUE colour.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  You want Gunmetal Grey. The TRUE colour.
                  That's primer isn't it ????

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                  X