Well it's been 6 months...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's been 6 months...

And chuff me if I dont want to get back into a surf. Every time i see one on the road I think 'thats hot...i had one...'

Then I remember all the woes.

So I was all set to look at getting a 3.0 (no 2.4 this time, thanks)..when lo and behold, my girlfriend changed universities..from loughborough (an easy enough 60 mile trip)..to exeter...300 miles away.

Simply can't face doing 2400 miles a month in it when my current cruiser has leather and cruise control! (plus I'm not sure the mpg would be up to it..). Most annoying bit is, when I showed her pics of my old surf, her comments were 'why on earth did you ever get rid of it? That looks awesome!!'

On the other hand, it' be great for getting my MX bike to far flung tracks...

Ah well, the things we sacrifice for love!! This summer I'd have finished saving for the RX-7 I've wanted for 5 years.. and I've had to abandon it due to fuel economy on the trip to see the lady! So it's the 220bhp honda civic, and the 'box on wheels' (thanks natalie) volvo v40 for the time being!

See what the future holds, but i maintain that I'll have another surf at some point...
    Last edited by Chiko; 26 June 2006, 04:44.
    The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Get a Surf and buy the girlfriend a season ticket for the train.

Comment

Working...
    X