Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange insurance Co.!!

Admiral sent my renewal at £509...

thinking about getting a fiesta as a runaround and the quote for BOTH the fiesta AND the surf is.....

£456.38!!!

£281.82 for the surf and £174.56 for the fiesta!

WTF!!???
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

I think the theory is that when you drive the Fiesta you can't be driving the Surf, so they kind of average between the two.

I have a female friend as a named driver on my insurance to make the premium £200 less. Theory being that she will drive it sometimes and is less likely to crash than me.

No comment on that....

Comment

i cover 100,000 miles a year, so i guess i'm likely to have a couple of crashes a year, where the old lady that only goes to co-op once a week will have 1 crash every 5 years.... (but i don't think the theory works cos i'm less likely to reverse through a shop window while parking!!)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Heres another Insurance tip. If you live with your parents (I returned when I lost my work accomodation due to leaving the job), put your mother as a named driver. Mine for the last five years has had points on her license (I haven't) and she still reduced my premium, (not that I let her drive it).
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

mad insurance

I`ve got my renewal for surf at £199 for full commercial/social use. I want to add my little 1.3 Skoda (sorry for swearing) runaround to the policy doing only about 2000miles p.a. down to Asda`s and the tip and back. They have quoted me £245 for the Skoda and say they cannot have 2 vehicles on one policy. Is this true? As I am the only driver- I cant drive 2 cars at once so what is the issue??
          cheers, off to Weardale to join the other nutters!
          chris