Anybody owned a Land Cruiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody owned a Land Cruiser?

I was thinking of buying one and the 80 series seems the most highly recommended.

Cheers,

Shab.
    Carpe Biscalorum...

I have one, Hilux Bob and Lucky both have them.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      I have one, Hilux Bob and Lucky both have them.

So what do you reckon then? Worthwhile looking at?

Cheers,

Shab.
      Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

I'm thinking about keeping the Cruiser and selling my intercooler surf, although the cruiser is not as quick as the surf and a lot heavier, but the cruiser has full leather and loads more space, mpg is a little worse than the surf but not much different, and the cruiser has front and rear diff locks.

All in all I would say have a look at one, give it a good test drive and then decide which one is for you.

Comment

my dads got one - its on about 240,000miles now. no signs of wear yet
          Attached Files
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Lovin' it, best colour too!

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              I'm thinking about keeping the Cruiser and selling my intercooler surf, although the cruiser is not as quick as the surf and a lot heavier, but the cruiser has full leather and loads more space, mpg is a little worse than the surf but not much different, and the cruiser has front and rear diff locks.

All in all I would say have a look at one, give it a good test drive and then decide which one is for you.

That's what I'm after...more space. They don't look much bigger from the outside do they?

Shall be keeping the surf though...
              Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Lovin' it, best colour too!
                What? White.

Comment

Originally posted by Shab
                  That's what I'm after...more space. They don't look much bigger from the outside do they?

Shall be keeping the surf though...
                  I have 8 seats in mine, but if you take the rear set out it has loads of room, also it's a bit wider.

Comment

they are quite a lot wider but around the same length, i havent seen a white one i really like it
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

The Arabs and aussies have all the white ones.

Comment

Parked next to a white VX the other week, It really looked the dogs, seems much bigger and loaded with extra spec stuff, Wish i had one but not in white, they were well out of my price range when i was lookin, Talking to a guy at the doctors who was admireing my truck and he was telling me his relation works for a big oil co all over the world and all they use now is crusers
                        They went through so many mitzi's, landrover's etc and found the landcruser was the only one that kept going on all terrains and climates, Cant get a better testimate than that!
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                          Parked next to a white VX the other week, It really looked the dogs, seems much bigger and loaded with extra spec stuff, Wish i had one but not in white, they were well out of my price range when i was lookin, Talking to a guy at the doctors who was admireing my truck and he was telling me his relation works for a big oil co all over the world and all they use now is crusers
                          They went through so many mitzi's, landrover's etc and found the landcruser was the only one that kept going on all terrains and climates, Cant get a better testimate than that!

I'm convinced...so, which is the better, the 80 or 90?
                          Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

I don't think there was a 90, didn't it go from 80 series then the 100?

Comment

The 90 series is the Colorado, and thats about the same as a 3rd gen surf.

Comment

Working...
                              X