Cosmetic Surgery on Bull Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmetic Surgery on Bull Bars

Further to my old thread of Manual v Auto I have finally found a 3rd Gen auto with extremely low mileage and excellent condition throughout, the fly in the ointment as er indoors pointed out is that it has a chrome bar with a plastic fairing on the top ! I'm allowed big Toyota spotlights on the front but she draws the line at too much chrome and plastic on the front !
    Question; can the top section be removed to leave the a'bar and fairing if so where can I get a new front fairing to replace the old one with ?
    Death rides a Black Horse

She wont let you have too much chrome on the front????? Put yer foot down
    and put what you like on it, She would'nt like mine then,
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

That wont fit in that garage.

Comment

I tried puttin my foot down thats how I broke me toes !

Excellent specimen complete with lots of Chrome ! I bet that takes some polish ?

I am allowed to keep the chromed side steps ,but I must admit the wraparounds do look dodgy with the plastic thingy on the top bar, the guy at the garage seems to think it will come off ok but I'm wondering wot he will do with the holes it will leave on the front trim

Comment

Originally posted by John h
          I tried puttin my foot down thats how I broke me toes !

Excellent specimen complete with lots of Chrome ! I bet that takes some polish ?

I am allowed to keep the chromed side steps ,but I must admit the wraparounds do look dodgy with the plastic thingy on the top bar, the guy at the garage seems to think it will come off ok but I'm wondering wot he will do with the holes it will leave on the front trim
          If you could post a pic of it i might be able to tell, Must admit i dont know much about 3rd gen bars although i would imagine there is some metalwork behind the plastic, Depends if its one peice of modular, Might look better with them off altogether, Hopefully you'll get replys from people with 3rd gens,
          It does go in Andy, just about!!
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

"I'm wondering wot he will do with the holes it will leave on the front trim"

Fit another nice set of chromed spot lights!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

The Truck picture is on the Autoserv web-site on page two the photo shows the truck when it was still in Japan I must admit it looks better in the flesh !It's Blue over Silver is fitted with big Toyota Spotlights,sorry haven't got a close-up of the bar fitting,just wondered what you guys thought or would suggest

Comment

mins exactly like that-minus the spots and the top part of the bull bar. donk now if thta helps but ther is no holes in mine so maybe the top bit can come off with no holes left.what mileage is on it just out of curosity

Comment

Thanx for that Fergus, My current Manual version has the 'A' bar and cover/fairing but no spots etc. When I went to the garage on closer inspection the cover/fairing is perfectly drilled and the chrome bars appear to be attached to the a bar I couldn't get under as they were unloading a new batch of imports and space was at an absolute premium and didn't want to get run over ! It hasjust 40,000 klms on the clock roughly 24,000 miles there or thereabouts or maybe I shouldn't have told you that as you may gazump me!? anyway nice motor !

Comment

wont be going gazzumping at all, plenty of surfs to go around. i was just curious at what u paid versus what i paid as they are sma emodel and year howeve mine had approx 70klms on it when i bought-which was a year ago and has been running perfectly since then

Comment

Glad to hear you have a good machine ! dare I ask your fuel consumption ? my manual has been very frugal compared to the Mazda b2500

Comment

Just taken a peek at my 3rd gen Nudge/Bull bars, they are as you describe and exactly the same as the photo, the plastic trim sections are screwed to the bars, however as the holes are drilled on the underside of the bars, all is not lost, they should look ok with plastic trims removed.

Post a pic when you have done it, may even take mine off if it looks good.

Happy Surfing ............... mine doing 30+ to the gallon by the way

Comment

Working...
                        X