Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear springs

Hi all,

I need to replace the rear srings on the surf, and was wondering if anybody can advise me on the better spring.

Rough trax springs at £78.00 with 2" lift or Milners at £44.00 with 20% stronger? (no lift)

Would fitting the 2" lift cause problems at the front end, ie; would I need to lift that as well?
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Originally posted by plumb bob
    Hi all,

I need to replace the rear srings on the surf, and was wondering if anybody can advise me on the better spring.

Rough trax springs at £78.00 with 2" lift or Milners at £44.00 with 20% stronger? (no lift)

Would fitting the 2" lift cause problems at the front end, ie; would I need to lift that as well?
    no the 2" lift wont cause any probs and all you have to do is crank up the torsion bars on the front but it all depends weather or not you want to lift the surf or just return it to normal height
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hang on here???? I have just replied to another thread on a simular subject. I gather it you can lift the car 2' front and rear by the torsion bars! or make adjustments to the vehicle by adding a 2' lift kit, so you could lift it 4' all together?
      What comes around goes around!!

Comment

I've got a three inch rear lift just by fitting landcruiser springs.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          no the 2" lift wont cause any probs and all you have to do is crank up the torsion bars on the front but it all depends weather or not you want to lift the surf or just return it to normal height

Any Ideas on which springs are best?

I'd like to lift the back end a little but also want h/d springs cos I've got a big dog and about 50kg of other stuff in the back all the time, so I got about 100kg in the boot!
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Gazbo
            hang on here???? I have just replied to another thread on a simular subject. I gather it you can lift the car 2' front and rear by the torsion bars! or make adjustments to the vehicle by adding a 2' lift kit, so you could lift it 4' all together?
            Suspension wise, torsion bars heighten the front, longer springs
            or spring spacers lift the rear. You then have body lifts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
              Any Ideas on which springs are best?

I'd like to lift the back end a little but also want h/d springs cos I've got a big dog and about 50kg of other stuff in the back all the time, so I got about 100kg in the boot!
              If you've got a saggy rear, the Milner's springs will lift the rear
              back to it's original height, (even though the springs are shorter).
              If you want extra lift, the Roughtrax 2" springs will give you around
              an inch and a half lift, but they compress under pressure, i.e: will
              droop under heavy load. If you want lift and strength, follow Vince's
              lead and go for the Landcruiser boneshakers.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                If you've got a saggy rear, the Milner's springs will lift the rear
                back to it's original height, (even though the springs are shorter).
                If you want extra lift, the Roughtrax 2" springs will give you around
                an inch and a half lift, but they compress under pressure, i.e: will
                droop under heavy load. If you want lift and strength, follow Vince's
                lead and go for the Landcruiser boneshakers.

They're not that bad now, they were quite harsh at first, but now they're just nice an firm with some 'give' in them. Still pleased I fitted them.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  They're not that bad now, they were quite harsh at first, but now they're just nice an firm with some 'give' in them. Still pleased I fitted them.
                  Yours does look nice with that back to front slope.

Comment

Helps with aerodynamics too!

sort of.

Comment

where u get the cruiser springs vince??
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I've got a three inch rear lift just by fitting landcruiser springs.
                        which model l/c springs have you used?
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

They originally came from Milners, £44. 1995 Landcruiser HD80 springs. but I bought them from Dogbook on here. He was selling some recently on ebay which he had manufactured with a slightly softer spring rate.

Comment

How long have they been fitted before they "settled in"
                            Rob

Comment

I don't do a lot of milage in the truck so it's hard to say.
                              I did carry 20 concrete blocks and 4 big bags of cement in the back about six months after fitting them and you wouldn't have known looking at the truck from the outside, no sag at all. I think that settled the springs in!

Comment

Working...
                              X