X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo unit?

my stereo unit is a ADDZEST MAX2255
    I only have a japanese manual for it
    It is (as i was told) supposed to have sat nav and tv on it? I have found to tv function, but it will not tune into any station? also after much twiddling i found a function that had an area screen? is this sat nav? how do i get it to work? and the radio only goes up to 90fm? oh yeah and the screen is quite dim!! ummm does any one know how to set these thing's? or anywhere i could go to sort them out? so many questions!! but if i find out what i need to know, at least i'll be able to pass it on to others!!
    Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

it will only work in japan
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by speedymacfish
      my stereo unit is a ADDZEST MAX2255
      I only have a japanese manual for it
      It is (as i was told) supposed to have sat nav and tv on it? I have found to tv function, but it will not tune into any station? also after much twiddling i found a function that had an area screen? is this sat nav? how do i get it to work? and the radio only goes up to 90fm? oh yeah and the screen is quite dim!! ummm does any one know how to set these thing's? or anywhere i could go to sort them out? so many questions!! but if i find out what i need to know, at least i'll be able to pass it on to others!!

Yeah, quick answer rip it all out and fit a UK spec unit its a lot less bovver.
      You can try band expanders etc etc.
      Use the search button on the top of the page, type in 'radio' and you'll get lots of threads about the radios, sat nav's etc. Have a read through and see what others have done/said.
      9 out of 10 Surf owners prefer to fit UK spec ones.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        Yeah, quick answer rip it all out and fit a UK spec unit its a lot less bovver.
        You can try band expanders etc etc.
        Use the search button on the top of the page, type in 'radio' and you'll get lots of threads about the radios, sat nav's etc. Have a read through and see what others have done/said.
        9 out of 10 Surf owners prefer to fit UK spec ones.
        that's 10% more than cats prefer whiskas!

gotta be good advice!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I totally agree with all of the above....as I too am looking for a decent UK spec' stereo to replace my recently bought Surf's Jap thingy!

Welcome aboard by the way!
          1996 SSR-G 3.0TD
          1995 SSR-X 3.0TD Ltd

Comment

Bin it!! buy a uk spec - move on to the optional extras
            NO WORRIES!
            Rusty

Comment

Being a professional radio tweaker and an amateur one too, I was thinking of having a twiddle inside my radio. If the IF is high, maybe adjusting it to the lower side will bring it in line with the UK frequencies. Maybe I should engage calculator before opening mouth!
              Right, just checked with my trusty calculator and that would only give coverage from 88 - 100.7 MHz.
              Get a UK spec, radio!

My brain hertz
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Careful Phil we could end up with jobs we could do with out you know

Cooeeeee

Mr Fix it

Only joking always glad to help someone with a dilema....

Look at some of the places ive had to fit TV aerials and string out poverty stricken amateur radio operators
                Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                X