Oh no not THEM !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no not THEM !

My compressor blew a head gasket on Saturday whilst sanding down my Runner . Got on the phone to SIP who make the compressor for the parts . Lovely sounding lady , who knew here compressors from her hair dryer , gave me all the part numbers in seconds ! Result , I thought , but not for long . '' you have to order through our agents for spares '' she says . ''OK , say I , who is that then ?''
    Wait for it .
    HALFRAUDS!!!!!!!
    My heart sank back as I knew that would be the end of my parts for the compressor .
    I went to 'them' and guess wot , they have no idea how to order the parts . The boy at the desk even admitted it needed someone else with more inteligence to do it .
    He asked me to leave my contact details with him and he would call me when the order had been made by a more qualified monkey this afternoon.

Still waiting for the call .

No idea when my compressor will be fixed .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

After all it says on the door

ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Surely you can buy direct? If not, call them again and ask them where the nearest place is to you that ISN'T a Halfrauds, like a "proper" car parts or tool merchants shop and get them to order it for you.

Comment

Tell the supplier you will be a new outlet for them, lets face it, even though you only buy the one part, its probably more than Halfrauds have done since setting up the contract!
        Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

I went back in today as the 1st monkey had not phoned , even though it promised to , I was not suprised he had not as reading was possibley beyond him . I was greated by the worlds oldest shop boy . He looked over 100 and I was worried he was going to pass away in front of me ! I was ready with the jump leads just in case . Any way he knew wot he was doing ! I said that the 1st monkey had failed in its quest to finish a job and I was not a happy chappy . He said he could deal with this order no prob . After 40 mins the order was done and paid for and confirmed that ANY parts available would be deliverd asap and any others would follow .I double ordered on parts so when the gasket goes in the next 10 years I have the parts in stock .
          Pray he keeps his word as need the compressor working for weekend again .

Comment

if you dont have any luck with your parts rick. ive got a big portable comppressor in my garage that your welcome to borrow if you want.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
              if you dont have any luck with your parts rick. ive got a big portable comppressor in my garage that your welcome to borrow if you want.
              Cheers for the offer , I got a couple of ones I maybe able to borrow locally . Mine has a fair bit of poke to run DA sanders and stuff as they are high air consumption .
              Thanks again

Comment

try calling Mark Whinkles 01509 500500

markw2@sip-group.com
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  try calling Mark Whinkles 01509 500500

markw2@sip-group.com
                  They wont sell direct to public only via the monkey shop of idiots .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                    monkey shop of idiots.

LOL....

Halfords shall for evermore be know to me as MSI...
                    Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Got a phone call from top monkey on Friday to say some of the gaskets had come in . So I went down there and picked them up . Typical , the one important gasket thet I needed was not there .
                      I needed to use the compressor yesterday (Sat) for sanding down the panels after welding the sides up on the Runner , so in true ATeam style I made the head gasket out of thick gasket paper . I dont think it will last long as not the aluminium stuff as fitted by factory , but so far is holding out well !

Comment

Working...
                      X