Toyota tow bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota tow bar

Hi I have just fitted a tow bar that has a detachable type tow ball.
    There is no way to fit the electric socket to the tow bar as is the usual.
    Has anyone on this forum got the same sort of towbar and if so where have you fitted the electrical socket?
    Trust your Hound.

no but i fitted 3 sockets to the bumper instead- got fed up of busting them!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      no but i fitted 3 sockets to the bumper instead- got fed up of busting them!
      Cool what tools did you use for the hole and where did you get the wire through to connect up? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins
        Cool what tools did you use for the hole and where did you get the wire through to connect up? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
        A drill
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

errm yes a drill - and a bit of antirust treatment on the holes.
          no need to feed the cable through as the bumper is hollow and you can access the back of it ok.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            A drill
            and don't forget the drill bit aswell or you won't drill a hole
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

A drill
              I was thinking of the large hole between the two bolt holes or does this not need to be as big as on the brackets you buy
              Trust your Hound.

Comment

I was thinking of the large hole between the two bolt holes or does this not need to be as big as on the brackets you buy
                Have'nt got my bar yet but i dont think the hole needs to be as large as the ones in the brackets, Just needs to take the rubber grommet on the back so drill as big a hole as you can (running up to your largest drill bit) and then a good round file to get it to the right size, Would'nt advise a hole saw, not on
                chrome, Unless its a really good one, tungsten etc, Ian
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Have'nt got my bar yet but i dont think the hole needs to be as large as the ones in the brackets, Just needs to take the rubber grommet on the back so drill as big a hole as you can (running up to your largest drill bit) and then a good round file to get it to the right size, Would'nt advise a hole saw, not on
                  chrome, Unless its a really good one, tungsten etc, Ian
                  Thanks
                  Trust your Hound.

Comment

Working...
                  X