Surf stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf stolen

One of my neighbours had his blue 3.0 ssr-v stolen yesterday. It looks almost identical to mine and was parked next to it. Think they took his for the tow bar. Keep your eyes peeled for some hookey 5 spokes with BF Goodrich tyres!

Seems crazy that some people still don't have imobilizers fitted!!!!

Comment

just gotta watch and listen out for any bank jobs now!
      Gaz

Comment

i couldnt get mine insured without a CAT 2 imoobiliser...

I hope they get the frigs....
        http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
          i couldnt get mine insured without a CAT 2 imoobiliser...

I hope they get the frigs....
          Seems to be the norm for insurance to insist on this, HOWEVER. My insurance company (footman James) did not. I had one fitted anyway as these baby,s can be hotwired as we all know.

Sorry for your pal's loss.

Al.
          I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Just done my reply to direct line, they neede to know who fitted the system???I told them on the phone that unless i go to Japan i have no chance!!
            Anyway, luckly they just need a headed letter from a garage or auto sparkie, so i sent them one by me, lol
            What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Adrian Flux insisted on knowing who fitted mine and what their qualifications are. I told them I fitted it, that I am a radio communications engineer and probably a little over qualified for the job. They said, "OK then."
              Mine isolates more than the standard pack allows for.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

I told directline, that i am. (and i am) a qualified in motor engineering and electrical systems, they said this would do
                What comes around goes around!!

Comment

i was also asked for proof of an immobiliser from my insurance co. (privelige) and if i dont send details ie; certificate from auto electrician,that i will not be insured for theft or attempted theft so it looks like im going to have to fork out £25 for the PRIVELIGE !!!!

Comment

My cat1 system has to be serviced every year, by a certified tech. With the certificates sent to my insurance company (which so far they have always returned). It just happens to fall in the same month as the MOT and the insurance (tax has been moved six months), which is July. So I estimate its just yet another way of making money. Saying that I know that the only way to nick her is with a truck, cause when the imobiliser is on it won't come off, as I found out a couple of months ago when she thought she was being stolen so shut the whole thing down, the AA had to low load her to the techs that fitted the alarm in the first place!
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                    X