advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed please

Myself and my wife book a holiday may last year in devon where we could take our boat and do some sea fishing we told them the size of the boat and was told that is was not a problem and they would moor the boat.

some of our family who are down there at the moment rang today and said they are no longer allowing boats over 12ft long on the site as of last month and my boat is 18ft.

I called the site and told them that they has sold me the holiday before they changed there rules and we was not notifed of any change in the rules and that the holiday is totally usless to us without the boat and myself and wife are keen anglers and we only booked the holiday due to the fact we could bring the boat and if we cant bring the boat we no longer want the holiday and want a full refund.

But as usally no manager was there to talk to me and surposedly one will ring me tommorow.

Can anyone tell me am i within my writes to demand a full refund or demand the allow my boat on site.

Cheers Steve
    They can go fast, I can go anywhere.

i should think so!
    you were sold a holliday that no longer is any good to you (due to them changing their minds)
    so its a case of let us on in our boat or refund
    your holliday is no longer fit for the purpose it was sold to you
    in my humble opinion
    at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
      i should think so!
      you were sold a holliday that no longer is any good to you (due to them changing their minds)
      so its a case of let us on in our boat or refund
      your holliday is no longer fit for the purpose it was sold to you
      in my humble opinion
      I agree with you - was a booking form signed ?

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        I agree with you - was a booking form signed ?

Trev
        Yep i have the booking form signed and paid in full in may last year

Comment

Originally posted by stevetubbyturbo
          Yep i have the booking form signed and paid in full in may last year
          Just a thought, but isn't that form then a contract ? and couldn't their actions be seen as breach of said contract ?

Trev

Comment

yep
            at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Just had a phone call from there booking line customer services department and they told me the reason the dont allow larger than 12ft boats on is they dont have very big parking spaces.

I basicly explained to them that are really screwed as my Surf is 16ft+ long so even if i didnt bring my boat they wouldnt even be able to fit my car or anything larger than a micra on site and with that i asked to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about and wont fob me off with a load of rubish about car parking sizes, and what a surpirse theres no one available till tomorrow.

Comment

Easy

Just tell them you will park it sideways and it won't stick out of the parking space, plus the added benefit they can still get 4 smart cars in front.

Did your booking form have the length of your boat written on it?

Ensure that if you get a refund they add the interest to the bill for the time they had your money.

Counter claim off them for the stress and anguish that you have gone through now not having a holiday and the stress of sorting one out at such short notice when most sites are now fully booked and you have no chance of an early booking discount and will expect them to pickup the difference.

Keep track of all your calls and the name of the people you speak to (times and dates). Then when you get somone on the phone read through the list just to pee them off and point out how peeved you are at this dragging out...and the fumbling incompetant staff you have dealt with so far...

Comment

Just had a phone call at 8:30 this morning from their manager explaining the fact that they dont allow boats over 12ft but as one of their employees has said i could bring the boat they will honor that and supply the space needed for it but will not be able to take it next year if we go.

I mentioned i hadn't slept last night due to stress of maybe we wouldn't be able to go on our holiday and he said to come see him when we arrive and he will give us a bar pass which will allow us to have free food and drink over the time of our holiday and that he is very sorry for the mix up and if we have any problems to speak to him.

Result

Cheers for all the advice

Steve

Comment

free food and drink over the time of our holiday
                    NICE!
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thats the diet out of the window then........
                      Good Result...

Comment

there you go........ there are some nice folks in Devon
                        and in Malta too - we are off next week for a free 5* B&B Week! cos the hotel bugg£red up our 2 day stay back in march - if justified it pays to complain (and 'er indoors calls me Victor, guess who had a big smile at this result? yep Mrs Meldrew!!!!!!!)
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

It's alway's good when you get these sort of things sorted, and freebies are a great bonus.

Andy.

Comment

he will give us a bar pass which will allow us to have free food and drink over the time of our holiday and that he is very sorry for the mix up and if we have any problems to speak to him.

Result

Steve
                            OK then Steve, when can we be your guests for dinner ?
                            how many of us do you think they will wear?????????
                            Stand by West of England Possie looks like we could be in for a free nosh and pi$$ up!!!
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                              OK then Steve, when can we be your guests for dinner ?
                              how many of us do you think they will wear?????????
                              Stand by West of England Possie looks like we could be in for a free nosh and pi$$ up!!!
                              you will have to get taxis there - remember the car park spaces are too small

Trev

Comment

Working...
                              X