£1,000000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £1,000000

Opened little envelope which came with Evening Standard today and got a blue ticket which says i have one a choise of 8 prizes, with the smallest being £100. I am supposed to ring a number which will cost about £7.50 and apart from sending in my claim ticket, thats all i have to do. If its a scam, then i am surprised that the Evening Standard would allow it. Also odd is that you can not register your claim ticket back to them.
    Any comments before i waste £7.50
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

yeah. dont waste £7.50....
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Claim the prize and tell them you'll pay the £7.50 out of your winnings!

Comment

if you check the small print, you'll probably see Holiday Vouchers in amongst the list of prizes - these will be worth £100 or more, but are only redeemable with certain travel companies on specific holidays/dates. I think this is how it all works anyway. the Holiday companies recoup their money through the cost of the call... if 20 people call in they earn £150. It is very unlikely that 20 people would then take up the offer of a holiday voucher, and even if a couple did the cost to the travel company is negligable. A £100 voucher certainly doesn't mean a loss of £100 for them anyway.

failing that you might have won £100,000! if you have £7.50 to spare and you're happy to gamble it then go for it, but make no mistake, it is a gamble. if it wasn't your prize would be clearly stated and you wouldn't be paying to find out what it was
        I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

We get stuff like that all the time, so we bin them!

So thats why I'm not rich???
          I like Orientals

Comment

Working...
          X