engine man light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine man light

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since i stripped my starter motor down the engine light has came on, it went off for a few weeks, but its back again, a bit intermitent? The green turbo lihgt goes off when this happens yet it still drives fine? anyb thoughts? Also, where is the service box located under the dash?
    What comes around goes around!!

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/codes/index.html

Comment

cheers, i have printed this off, be back later to let you know what happend

Comment

Sounds as though you've disturbed a boost pipe. Check all the pipes around that area to see if any are kinked os loose. Also check the pipe to the waste gate actuator on the turbo. If the waste gate is not getting a pressure feed to it then it won't open causing over-boost. The engine management copes with that by shutting the fuel down and letting you know by putting the orange light on. When the fuel is cut, so is the boost, so the green light goes off. I've has this before.
        You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

cheers, i am about to go and check the boost pipes, though i am not getting an orange light? I have done the ecu check and it blinks 4 times, waits for 5 seconds, then blinks 4 times again, this continues all the time, so i take it it is code 4? Water temp sensor, though this is working fine? Plus, i cant this making the turbo light not come on? Back in a bit

Comment

This is a pic of a blocked off hose, though the car was fine without it?

I have replaced the pipe from here as it was loose at both ends, still no change?

This looks important, I do not know if i have lost a pipe or if it is to do with the part missing from my car? Help here would be great, but yet again, the light has been off for weeks??

This is the area where a piece of breather system is missing?
            Last edited by Gazbo; 16 June 2006, 14:40.

Comment

If you can't find anything else wrong, and the engine is performing well, dissconnect the batteries for 20 mins to reset the engine ECU.

Comment

I done that the last time and it never worked mate? The light went off by itself??? But it has came back on

Comment

Just a thought, have you been using veg oil recently? The reason I ask is when I used it last summer, my engine check light would come on now and again and then go off. Since I stopped using veg oil, it hasn't come on again.

Comment

If it's showing code 4 the water temp sensor, this is in the block near the starter motor, so maybe you have disturbed the wires or broken one of the connectors.

Comment

Thanks andt, i will go have a look, sounds possible!!

Comment

Is that not the oil pressure? It seems to be staying in gear alot longer as well now? $$$$$$ car!!!

Comment

This is worth reading. http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...er+temp+sensor

Comment

Ahh, cheers andy, i was looking at wrong sensor, doh?

Comment

ooohhhh, i could kiss you, you star!!!!! Broken wire on the sensor, had been previously repaired, but i guess i disturbed it and broke it again, temp repair for now, if it goes again i will have to cut the harness further down and rebuild the plug to the best of my capabilities.

Comment

Working...
                              X